When Will Ipad App Be Updated

dmwebb6

When can we expect an update to the Ipad App so that it is compatible with User Tools created in Accordance 14?    It is frustrating that the two are not currently compatible with one another.   Some of us rely on the Ipad for teaching/preaching and need our tools on mobile.  

• Like 4

I agree. I rely on Accordance on my iPad for teaching Sunday School lessons. It is currently useless since I upgraded my Windows app to version 14.

• Like 2

It might be a little bit since the developers need to finish squashing some bugs with Accordance 14 for desktop, and they probably want to thoroughly test any major code changes to the iOS app before releasing it. No reason for Accordance to make the same mistake twice. 🙂 

• Like 2

I am a user of both Accordance and their main competitor.  My preference has always been Accordance (and that is where I have spent more money over the last few years), but I find myself using the competitor more and more due to Accordance neglect of the mobile apps.  The Android app has not been updated in over a year and the iOS app is now incompatible with User tools created in Accordance 14.  The inability to edit papers and user tools on mobile is also a negative.  The lack of reliable syncing between devices is an issue as well. I'm not sure that Accordance realizes how dependent some are on their mobile devices in teaching/preaching.  I use my to teach/preach 5 times a week.   If Accordance was going to update user tools they should have made the ioS compatible with them at the same time.  Hoping these are addressed soon.  

• 1 month later...

I echo the urgency to to see the mobile app updated so that I can access the User Tools that I've updated on v.14. If I had known that my updated User Tools would become unusable on my mobile app, I would have waited to upgrade to v. 14 until after there was compatibility between desktop and mobile. 

Edited by Max Carlton
  • Like 2

We are going to focus on mobile this year as soon as some of the remaining issues with Accordance 14 Desktop are resolved.

• 3 months later...

It’s been three months. Has the focus shifted to mobile yet? The desktop app seems pretty stable at this point…

We released 3.4 for iOS that brought support for Accordance 14 User Tools and the improved connectivity between the app and Accordance’s servers. One of the programmers we hired this year is also in the process of planning what new features we want to add to add to mobile next and the best process for going about adding them.

• Like 2