Update! Accordance 14.0.2 for macOS and Windows

Mike Garrity

Accordance for macOS and Windows has been updated to v14.0.2 delivering a number of important changes and bug fixes. Update your install by selecting "Check for App Update" in the Accordance menu (Mac) or Utilities menu (Win). 

Version 14.0.2

Improvements for the Word Study feature

• New Word Study options:
    • Set the maximum number of displayed translated words in the Text Comparisons.
    • Specify the "Word Class" for Greek and Hebrew Tagged Text Comparisons/Graphs. For now, the options are Lexical (default) and Inflected.
  • Graphs with no search results will now display "No results found" instead of being removed from the Word Study.
  • Text Comparisons will no longer limit the number of unique lemmas (previously, if there were more than 60 unique lemmas then "Too many words to display" would be shown).
  • Now Accordance tries to find a more appropriate recycled Word Study tab based on the amplified Text's language, unicode state, and keyed state. Previously, a Word Study amplify would use the first recycled Word Study tab found and not necessarily bring a recycled Word Study tab to the front.

Improvements for the Discourse Phrasing feature

• Phrasing and Interlinear can now work simultaneously.
  • Issue that would offset superscripts styles to the wrong character when showing phrasing.

Display Settings Fixes

• Background color for Text/Tool/User Notes was being set incorrectly.
  • The hit color was overwriting the content color.
  • Line spacing slider was not working.
  • Where the "Use english book names" option wouldn't uncheck.

Word Study Fixes

• English Word Studies did not support the Key Language option in certain Text comparisons, amplify, and graphs.
  • New Word Study tabs reversed the default settings for "Show Book Covers" and "Show Box Around Graphs".
  • The recycled state was not being saved.

Miscellaneous Fix

• Crash when using Find in a Commentary.

Windows Specific fixes

• The phrasing menu now properly shows the shortcuts.
  • Where the phrasing menu options were always greyed out.
  • Easy Install title bar being pushed offscreen on smaller displays.
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 8

Thank you. I know you all have been working long hours to get this update out to the rest of us!

• Like 3

Thank you all...14 offers some very valuable features!!

• Like 2

This is fantastic and exactly the sort of thing I’m used to with Accordance. Great job, everyone. Thank you. 

@Kristin they fixed interlineares phrasing which we were just discussing. 

• Like 4

This is great!! Thank you.

• Like 2

I deleted the app from my MBP. How do I get the updated version? I tried the older but it does not work. Thank you

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately it still crashes.

Fantastic! Way to go Accordance!

• Like 1

Looks like this also fixed the long-standing issue I had with some texts always going to a dark mode appearance. (white on black background).

• Like 1

There might be some glitching of the user interface when updating within the app from 14.0.1 to 14.0.1 (PC) - see below for a screenshot.

For me, it was resolved this way: quit and safe-restart Accordance (Alt + launch Accordance), then choose to delete the default workspace.

image.thumb.png.1ac02d402c75cd992427226829befe4a.png

15 hours ago, Mike Garrity said:

Windows Specific fixes

Thank you for the previous (Already in Beta) fix of user notes crash! It is really great to skip across various pics without a crash!