Accordance 14 Issues

Michael DeVries

Has anyone else had issues with Accordance 14 and the text/tool preference settings? First, the background color descriptions are off. I choose black and get orange. To get black I need to select white. Second, once you get the settings correct and exit the program when you re-open they are all gone again.

• Like 1

Yes, this is a common--perhaps even universal--issue currently.  There is at least one other thread about it int he Mac Bug Swatters forum.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is now fixed for me in 14.0.2

• 2 weeks later...

I still can't sent the reference font... even after the latest update. When I try to change the default font it changes the font of the whole text. Then when I closed accordance and reopened it (after it said Accordance crashed), all the fonts were changes (text fonts, not tools). 

Edited by David Foster
  • Like 1

I can't get the new phrasing feature to work (which is a shame, because that's one of the things I was really excited about).

I can see where I should be able to access it, but all the options for actually indenting, etc... are grayed out for me. 

Untitled.jpg

6 hours ago, befranks said:

I can't get the new phrasing feature to work (which is a shame, because that's one of the things I was really excited about).

I can see where I should be able to access it, but all the options for actually indenting, etc... are grayed out for me. 

That is strange, it worked with the LSB. I then switched to the ESV and it grayed out as you have it. Went back to the LSB and grayed out again as you have it????

I just tried it on another computer including rebooting. After rebooting, the LSB did not work, though it did on the initial boot. Then tried other Bibles. Mounce seems to work all the time as well as the German Luther Bible, Basis Bible, Josephus and some others. The NA 28 Gk text works as well as the BHS Hebrew. There must be some little bug with some of the English texts.

27 minutes ago, Erhard said:

I just tried it on another computer including rebooting. After rebooting, the LSB did not work, though it did on the initial boot. Then tried other Bibles. Mounce seems to work all the time as well as the German Luther Bible, Basis Bible, Josephus and some others. The NA 28 Gk text works as well as the BHS Hebrew. There must be some little bug with some of the English texts.

Hmm... I tried it with at leat 5 different english translations and the phasing options worked fine.  I even went back and forth with each of the translations to see if the phasing options were greyed out.  Still no issue.   I know for me this the issue with both 14 and 14.0.1.

I just tried it again on the first computer and it worked now. I did notice that sometimes you need to click where you want the phrasing to be in order for the greyed out options to turn black.

The reference font works more consistently. When you set a colour directly from the preset colour from the colour chart and not a custom colour.  (At least, it has for me on a Mac).