Clicking "Live Click" feature in 14.0.1 causes very frequent crashes.

Don Bedsole

Hi. Just purchased Accordance for the first time. Installed 14.0.1 on Friday, 11/25/22 after using the "Lite" version for a short period. This particular issue involves the "Live Click" feature. VERY frequently when I have Live Click engaged with a Greek text the program crashes when I click on a Greek word. Interestingly, when using an English text or the BHS ETCBC text I have had no crashes. Thank you.

Windows 11 Home 64-bit Version: 22H2

OS Build 22621.819

8 GB RAM

Processor Intel(R) Core (TM) i3-10105 CPU @ 3.70GHz

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

Computer Model: HP Slim Desktop - S01-pF1025se

Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Edited by Don Bedsole

@Don Bedsole

Welcome to the Accordance community.

I started using Accordance 13 a few years ago in a similar position after about a year of learning introductory Greek. It was a fairly new version at the time, and buggy to the point of being unusable. Tech support helped a lot with getting a stable system. We seem to have a replay of that rush.

Being new to Accordance, you haven't accumulated years of user-data that you need to salvage.

Accordance 13 is a lot more stable than Accordance 14 at the moment, so consider uninstalling Accordance 14 completely, and installing Accordance 13. The installers are available from the download section of the main Accordance website <https://www.accordancebible.com/download-accordance/>.

There are some nice-to-haves in Accordance 14 like custom phrasing (adding line-breaks and tab-indentations to help visualise the structure of the text), but there are workarounds such as copy-pasting the text into a word processor and doing the custom phrasing there. I get the impression that the jump from Accordance 12 to 13 was a lot bigger than from 13 to 14.

Accordance 13 is a lot more stable than Accordance 14 and is a good platform to get started on. Accordance 13 has very good support for Greek from the simple mouse-over for lexical parsing to BDAG integration and complex searches. Accordance bundles are well-curated and useful, and since most resources available haven't been retrofitted for Accordance 14 yet, you shouldn't be missing out much on anything substantial by starting with Accordance 13 for now.

Accordance 14 released version 14.0.1 very shortly after releasing the base version 14.0, and there's already talk of another release coming soon. Give them a few weeks to sort things out while you familiarise yourself with the basics, which look very similar in both version 13 and 14. By the time you get through the training material, Accordance 14 might be stable enough for you to try again.

• Like 1

Thank you Lawrence for the welcome and for the advice! I will consider it. 🙂

• Like 1

Downgraded to 13.4.2. Was crashing again when I clicked, "Live Click." I did a complete uninstall, wiped out everything including deleting my personal folders and files and redownloaded and installed all resources. Seems to be working ok now under 13.4.2. 😊

Edited by Don Bedsole
Updated post to reflect results of complete uninstall.
  • Like 1