Easy Answers in v14

Misulejoha

Has anyone had any success using the new Easy Answers feature in v14?  I tried using it in Mounce's BBG Workbook (4th edition) but it doesn't seem to work when adding text to a text field.  Maybe I'm missing something.

Screenshot_20221124_082108Easy Answers.png

Screenshot_20221124_083246.png

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me how to access easy answers? is it not available for windows?

• Like 1

Although the feature may be available in the software, it looks like we'll need to wait until the workbooks have been adjusted to take advantage of the feature.

It's going to be easier for Accordance or the publishers to support workbooks that already have large spaces for answers, and where the answers are text-based.

For resources like Mounce's BBG Workbook, it's going to be tricky. It's not just that there isn't much room for an answer box to be retrofitted. It's also that freehand markings such as those expected in Q8 & Q9 below require somewhat more work behind the scenes than simple text boxes.

Freehand markings would be a very good feature.

- No need to retrofit workbooks. Write anywhere, not just in boxes that must be manually allocated.

- Able to scribble personal margin notes in any volume.

- Using Accordance books with tablet + stylus would feel a lot more engaging.

Sample from Mounce's BBG Workbook

image.png.5b8a711332f65151fb3dc85335c56918.png

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm writing about this very subject for my site. I can't find any books with Easy Answers turned on. Maybe Nathan Parker could give us an idea if there are any yet or what books this feature is built in.

• Like 1

It is available in Christian Worker’s Commentary (that’s one I used early one during beta testing), but I know it’s available in a bunch of other works as well. @David Lang might have the list.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

NT Wright's For Everyone Studies guides have Easy Answers, and I've been using it to teach a bible study. What I have found in my use of it is that it is unpredictably wonky. The fields seem to change formatting all of the time. For example, I'll begin an "answer" and move my cursor, and suddenly, the text is bold or underlined.  And not all of the questions have answer fields. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this a bug?

• Like 1

What was the last section of the NT Wright book did you experience those, and what Accordance 14 version and OS version? I can test it.

• Like 1

Great. Thanks! I'll take a look at this.

• Like 1

I can confirm this. I'll get it reported.

• Like 1