Library Separators Not There in Accordance 14

Dr. Nathan Parker

The library separators are not present in Accordance 14 (public release) on an iMac Pro running Ventura. They weren’t in my beta as well. Someone told me there’s a prefs file I can restore from backup to restore them, but I’m not sure which one to restore.

Thanks!

FWIW I went from Accordance 13.x to 14.0.0, and my library separators were retained.

• Like 1

It has lost my all library separators and extra folders

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

The library separators are not present in Accordance 14 (public release) on an iMac Pro running Ventura. They weren’t in my beta as well. Someone told me there’s a prefs file I can restore from backup to restore them, but I’m not sure which one to restore.

Thanks!

Hi Nathan

It was my tool library that had lost the separators. I restored it from ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/Tool Library.apref

• Like 1

I looked again. Separators were retained in my text folders, but not in my tool folders. Also, some were no longer alphabetized as I had them.

• Like 1

Thank you Steve, I had kept v13 on another MAC and swapped out the V14 made file for the one I had in V13. I am back to happiness again, for I had heavily tweaked the Tools into folders and separate sections.

—Joseph the Almost Grumpy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Thanks!

Hi @Nathan Parker

It was me said I was able to restore the separators and my original library ordering using the backup preference files. I copied the following three files from my backup overwriting the ones that where there following moving to Accordance 14.

~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/Tool Library.apref

~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/Tool Display.apref

~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/Tool

I don't know if all three needed to be copied over but I did it just to be sure. If you have separators setup for your texts then you would also need to I suspect copy over the same three "Texts" preference files

While not directly related to your question I was wondering why preference files on my mac install are also to be found in:

~/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Accordance Preferences/

Does anyone know the purpose of this folder?

Michael

• Like 2

Thanks! That did the trick. Kind of sad this didn’t resolve in the public version (for some).

I think one of those folders contains some form of backup or default prefs in case some other prefs files become corrupted. I thought @Mark Allison mentioned it in a webinar I attended a while back (when he worked for Accordance), but I may be getting confused.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Separators were kept in text portion of Library but lost along with all folders in the tool section of the Library.  

Mac 12.6.1

• Like 1