How to no "re-use" a Favorites Window

Samuel Clough

Please forgive me if this is a silly question, but I haven't quite discovered how to do this yet. I use Favorites frequently to search several resources at once. For example, if I want to check a Greek word against several lexicons, I have a Greek Lexicons favorite and I simple right click on the word and direct it to Greek favorites. Now this works great until I'm wanting to examine two words in a passage at the same time. When I got to search the second word against the Greek Lexicons favorite, it re-uses my favorite window. Now most of the time this is great behaviour because it keeps from having a lot of open windows. However, sometimes I want to keep up the previous favorites windows and open a new one. How can I mark the first Greek Lexicons favorite window to not be reused?

Click the green "recycle" indicator post-72-1250016249.png right above the search button in the relevant tab/window to toggle this behavior...

J. P.

Click the green "recycle" indicator post-72-1250016249.png right above the search button in the relevant tab/window to toggle this behavior...

J. P.

Well, that would be logical but it doesn't work. I have several tabs on my favorite window and even if I toggle the recycle behaviour off on all tabs, the favorites window is still re-used.

Yes, favorites are designed to be reused, to reduce screen clutter. It might work to rename the entire workspace if you want to preserve it, you would have to do a Save as. Another solution would be to duplicate the tab and then detach it from the workspace (command D and the option-command T).

Yes, favorites are designed to be reused, to reduce screen clutter. It might work to rename the entire workspace if you want to preserve it, you would have to do a Save as. Another solution would be to duplicate the tab and then detach it from the workspace (command D and the option-command T).

Thanks for that idea, that helps.

Archived