Module Won't Install

Harvey

A module that I have purchased, and that shows up under "Easy Install" as uninstalled, downloads and then does not complete the instilation. I would appreciate help.

I have the same or a related problem with "IVP Bible Dictionary Series (8 volumes)—50% OFF!" 

tly the

"There was an error attempting to download the file. Please contact technical support."

In my case, the module downloads, begins installation, and then reappears as uninstalled. I'll call for phone support this afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having the same issue. It loads very fast (or indicates it does) but when I attempt to load, it crashes. I've had this problem for a month or so, and when I contacted tech support on another issue, the tech said someone else had a similar problem and found it was due to an OS security patch (I'm on a PC). I thought I would wait until V14 comes out, but now I have two modules to load, and will have to call tech support, unless anyone else has experienced this and has a solution...

Hi Davidk

I reached Accordance tech support, and they suggested running Accordance safe mode and clearing the download cache. That seemed to do the trick. Here are the instructions they sent me:

These solutions may help with the issue with your Anchor download.

Accordance Safe Mode will allow you to easily remove or disable User Content, Settings, Connectivity and do Clean up for troubleshooting purposes.

In order to open Accordance Safe Mode on a Windows computer, press and hold your ‘alt’ key ‘immediately after’ you click on the icon to open Accordance.

Please select ‘Remove startup session’, ‘Clear Library Cache’, ‘Clear Research Cache’, ‘Clear cached downloads’ and then ‘Launch Accordance’.

Now try the download again please.

You can also check in the library to see if that module is already there. It may be damaged and needs to be removed before a new download can complete.

Please 'right click’ on it in the Library window. Then select ‘Remove Item’ (then, ‘Delete') and then go to Easy Install and download a new copy.

If this does not take care of it for you, please let us know.

Good luck!