Collapsible menu bars etc. to regain wasted space

Steven MacDonald

A suggestion for Accordance improvement: lots of lost screen usable space lost in the menu bars.  Hoping for a way to collapse them when not in use.  There's a good 25% to 35% is usable space lost when you cannot close the bars while in use: 

image.thumb.png.2c1100d94e54c89d175d28f8f956fbf4.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Menu bar: Window -> Show Toolbar removes it. Use Ctrl+Alt+0 to toggle it. Also to save space, Ctrl+L toggles the Library.

But it would be nice if there were a little arrow to drop it down and pull it up. Or maybe make the toolbar auto-hide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to see a way to auto hide the search bars or something so that they drop down if you mouse over them, otherwise are gone. It's A LOT of screen with all of those. Especially if you've got tabs in each zone, also. And if you use a tabbed workspace, it's even more. I've thought about it and I'm not entirely sure the info in these spaces can really be eliminated. And condensing it more than it already is creates too much density. But some sort of autohide like the dock and menu of macOS would be a great start. I do toggle the menu bar and that helps as I don't use it much anyway. 

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 11.00.47.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, A. Smith said:

I'd like to see a way to auto hide the search bars or something so that they drop down if you mouse over them, otherwise are gone. It's A LOT of screen with all of those. Especially if you've got tabs in each zone, also. And if you use a tabbed workspace, it's even more. I've thought about it and I'm not entirely sure the info in these spaces can really be eliminated. And condensing it more than it already is creates too much density. But some sort of autohide like the dock and menu of macOS would be a great start. I do toggle the menu bar and that helps as I don't use it much anyway. 

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 11.00.47.png

+1  on this suggestion.

I've actually been thinking this myself. Especially once we have a verse selector, the search bar isn't needed all the time.