Accordance 14 in the Cloud

Sacha

I just got them email that Accordance 14 is going to the be in the cloud. So happy. 
Thank you Accordance-Team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is an outstanding addition to Accordance. Kudos.

• Like 2

This is interesting. I am curious how folks hope to leverage this new aspect of Accordance. I rarely find myself on someone else's computer looking for this option, but maybe I am missing a helpful process here?

10 minutes ago, William Cross said:

This is interesting. I am curious how folks hope to leverage this new aspect of Accordance. I rarely find myself on someone else's computer looking for this option, but maybe I am missing a helpful process here?

It will be helpful for military personnel or folks with business laptops where software cannot be installed. It's also a solution for folks who primarily use Chromebooks.

And students in a computer lab.

And LINUX users.

11 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

It will be helpful for military personnel or folks with business laptops where software cannot be installed. It's also a solution for folks who primarily use Chromebooks.

And LINUX users.

And if you have an older computer.

• Like 2

Exactly. I can access accordance when I'm in the office. 

• Like 1

. . . and Android users, e.g., on large tablets. It already looks like the Cloud version has more features than the Android one, e.g., more workspaces. I could see this working very well on Samsung DEX. It makes me wonder how the Cloud version will compare to the iOS and iPad OS versions too. 

There is lot to look forward to in Accordance 14, and it's been well worth the wait.

Well done.

Edited by Michel Gilbert
spelling

Will notes and highlights also be in the accordance cloud???? Texts and tools without the ability to highlights or take notes…

3 minutes ago, A. Smith said:

Will notes and highlights also be in the accordance cloud???? Texts and tools without the ability to highlights or take notes…

Accordance Cloud is still in active development. We are just offering a sneak peek at the moment, but we will release full feature details when it goes live to users who have purchased Accordance 14. Release of Accordance Cloud will take place after the initial release of Accordance 14 for Windows and macOS. 

Having said that, note the Toolbar (not yet complete) in the screenshot I posted elsewhere

toolbar.png

7 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

Accordance Cloud is still in active development. We are just offering a sneak peek at the moment, but we will release full feature details when it goes live to users who have purchased Accordance 14. Release of Accordance Cloud will take place after the initial release of Accordance 14 for Windows and macOS. 

Having said that, note the Toolbar (not yet complete) in the screenshot I posted elsewhere

toolbar.png

This is just the reply I was hoping for. I understand sneak peeks and hints. 

and you understand my own hints. 

Gratzi. 

Plus in the event of a catastrophe (such as those affected by Hurricane Ian or those affected by a tornado), if they’re primarily desktop computer owners, they can still login to Accordance Cloud on another device while they get a new computer or while they’re restoring Accordance desktop on a new computer.

I honestly don't care anything about a web interface to Accordance... but does this at least mean my highlights, notes and library will now sync between my iPhone, iPad and Mac apps?

15 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

And LINUX users.

And iPad users.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, William Cross said:

Accessing resources on the web might allow preferences and notes etc to remain uncorrupted in the event of a crash. Also quicker recovery by just opening a new web page instead of having to reboot. Depending on how they implement things, we'd even be able to move from one device to another and keep our place on the page.

• Like 1

I wonder how well the web interface will work inside the Accordance Web Browser, just for a cheeky “because I can do it”.

• Haha 6