KTU to UDB conversion help

Kristin

Is there a super simple KTU to UDB converter? Pretty much ALL of my resources refer to KTU and not UDB. I know the two resources are not identical, but I also know they overlap enough that I have a lot of the resources in the Ugaritic stuff and DataBank referred to in books. However, I can never figure it out. I am looking for KTU 1.102:27 but I can't figure out if I have it or not. I went to the Ugartic Data Bank looking for some sort of KTU to UDB conversion but I can't find one which is specific enough.

I don't even care if the conversion is in the DataBank or a website, I just need to make sense of the resources I have.

Thanks for any help anyone is able to provide,

Kristin

UDB uses the same numbering system. So KTU 1.102:27 is UDB 1.102:27. 

The text there has this: ꜥzbꜥl

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for checking this, Robert. This is good to know without having to check myself. I don’t own KTU, and according to WorldCat the nearest copy is at U of Wisconsin. 

This pdf of UDB also indicates the identical numbers, but Robert has already given this. However, there may be other helpful info here too. 

https://www.academia.edu/500096/The_texts_of_the_Ugaritic_data_bank_Ugaritic_Data_Bank_The_Text_with_english_commentaries_all_english_versions_

Actually, I've just seen that the numbering system is explained with reference to others in paragraph 7 of the notes module (it doesn't appear to have page numbers). 

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 22.40.18.png

Hi @A. Smith,

Thank you for the link and screenshot. I actually found that link also years ago, but now I have the DataBank, Notes, etc in Accordance, as I love Ugaritic enough that I have everything Accordance sells with it. The way they explain the numbers is clear enough, but the actual conversion of it from books has been super confusing, as everything refers to KTU, and the punctuation is also different. I have now created a workspace with tabs converting back and forth from UDB to KTU and back and have saved it as a template. So hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Thank you for the screenshot though, as I spend so much time in the actual text and DataBank that I often forget how much info is in the Notes.

Kristin