User Tool/Notes as Parallel Pane?

Brett K.

In the past, this couldn't be done. That was a while back so I wanted to see if anything has changed.

I have a text file with thousands of notes. Is there anyway to import them as a User Tool or User Notes file so they can be add as a parallel pane with scrolling tied to a text pane?

I don't know of any way to do this as a User Tool. From what I can tell, the only way to import notes is if there is only one note per file. My file has thousands of notes.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

@Brett K., this may not fully answer your question, but, using the File > User Files > Import Notes Folder... command, you can indeed have your User Notes in a parallel pane. I'm currently doing this for my own User Bible project where I import the translator footnotes to display in parallel with the biblical text.

However, as you inferred, when importing User Notes using this method, it requires one verse per file (in RTF format). @jlm provided me with a good idea on how to keep all my notes in a single Markdown file and then use a script to split it into the individual RTF files to be imported by Accordance. Please see the following post where @jlm describes his procedure and links to his code: