Unnamed file not available

Gary Pauley

I keep getting an error message that reads 

file "" not currently available to Accordance

Does this make sense to anyone? 

no. It seems to come up randomly. In fact it comes up when I am using another program. I go back to Accordance and this notification is up.

Hi @GPauley,

This is just a thought, but given that it comes up when you are using other programs, it sounds like there is some sort of file that it is continuing to attempt to open.

I would change the opening screen in Accordance. I had actually been looking for a button to delete the last start up session but I can't find it. So in the program, I would try to go to Accordance --> Preferences --> General and try changing the Startup (the first option). It is likely set to last session, and your last session keeps trying to open a file. Then press "ok", close Accordance and reopen it.

Another idea you can do at the same time, or try before or after the idea above would be to close the program, then open it while holding the shift key. Keep holding shift until it completely restarts, then close it, and open with the shift key again doing this a few times since this ends certain background processes on the Mac. (This often works for other Mac programs too).

I hope this helps,

Kristin

Thanks Kristin...I tried both. On the 2nd startup (with shift key down), it did it again. I'll mess with this a few more times. 

Btw, did you respond on Sunday? I could wait till Monday 🤣

image.png.2e8b891d4d74639e29bbc16df5ba9c98.png

Hi @GPauley,

Yes, I am responding on Sunday. :) Hopefully Monday someone @Tech Support can offer a better solution, as I can't think of other ideas at the moment. I will post it if I think of anything.

Take care and have a good rest of your weekend.

Kristin

🤣 ok thanks!

• Like 1

I seem to still have the same issue. It seems to come up randomly. I'm sure there is some correlation, but I can't figure it out...

image.thumb.png.63da273a1f40336463d6f7c404adfcb1.png