Accordance 13.3.3 crashing

Terry Wofford

Seeming out of nowhere, Accordance 13.3 started crashing. I have started up in safe mode and removed startup session, disabled general, texts, and tools settings, disabled auto dropbox sync, checked all the 'clean up' categories, and uninstalled Atlas, Timeline. I did not remove any general, texts, or tools settings. I do not want to have to redo my workspace tabs. Nor did I uninstall syntax or other special files. However, Accordance is crashing frequently. Any help?

Hi Terry, I had a similar problem a while back and had to remove all "My Stuff" Workspaces and rebuilt them one at a time, testing each step of the way. This got me going again. The cause was adding a 'separator' in the Libraries Workspace Menu. I now do not dare do that again as it took hours to rebuild them all.

My quantity of crashing has subsided.  I was able to repeat a crash when detaching tabs (usually with multiple Workspaces open), but Technical Support were not able to repeat the issue. The detach tab no longer causes crashes, possibly was resolved with one of the many SAFE mode exercises.  It seems individual installations can have a library "corrupted". The support team suggested a library may have been corrupted during the download process, especially if interrupted (e.g. VPN temporary disconnect).  I never was able to resolve which particular library might have been corrupted and the problem went away without resolving to that hypothesis.

Also, when trying to perform an operation while Accordance was still processing something (not always obvious this is occurring) has resulted in a crash. I now wait, even if I simply "think" Accordance is busy. My worse experience was from importing a tool from the Accordance Exchange. I believe that was the root cause of all my workspace drama, triggered when inserting separators into My Stuff > Workspace menus. I removed that workspace and had to rebuild all my workspaces.

I am having a positive experience presently, but operate with some degree of paranoia :)

Edited by cweber