Multiple Windows in one Window

Samuel Wessels

Hi, 

I recently got a new computer and in the process of messing around with it, I accidentally got all three of the Accordance windows I use to be tabs in one window. 

To explain, I have three Accordance "windows" open whenever I use the program - one for Greek language resources (with a set of tabs for LSJ, LXX, NT etc), one for Semitic language resources (with a set of tabs for MT, DSS, HALOT etc), and one for general history stuff (with tabs for Atlas, and visual resources etc).

Whenever I open Accordance, these three windows open. I would like to have just one window with three tabs each with its own subset of tabs. 

I didn't know this was a feature until I did it by accident and now I can't make Accordance do it again. 

Thanks for you help with this!

Samuel 

Not sure this is it, but it sounds like you've changed the default on your startup appearance. Take a look at your general settings. The first thing you should see is "favorite spaces" (or some such). If you look at the box right beside that, it should give you different options. Try changing those.

Hope this works for you.

This is not an Accordance option, it is actually part of the Mac settings and all your applications in Mac will open with a tab but this is how you do it 

System Preference 
General 
Prefer Tabs 

Set to always 

On 8/24/2022 at 9:57 AM, Teddy24 said:

This is not an Accordance option, it is actually part of the Mac settings and all your applications in Mac will open with a tab but this is how you do it 

System Preference 
General 
Prefer Tabs 

Set to always 

I had the new window as a tab behavior on my old macBook but not on my new. Since I had copied the preferences file from the old to the new I was puzzled by the difference in behavior between the two systems. Now I know—and I have the behavior I prefer on both.

Thank you for providing the information that resolved the puzzle. I hope I remember this when I get my next Mac computer. ;)

—Joseph