General Computer Questions re: Accordance

Dave Marrandette

A couple of general questions:

1. How well does Accordance run on a Chromebook - if at all?

2. When running Accordance, how much difference is there between a PC and a MAC?

No Chromebook version of Accordance ..... yet. (There have been hints of a web app in the works)

I run Accordance on my Mac only so can't comment on specific differences between Mac and Windows but what I have seen mainly come down to interface and cosmetic type differences (dark mode is on windows yet).

• Like 2

Dave,

Personal opinion, i think accordance is very similar on either platform, i have just found the mac platform to be a more pleasant environment to work in. Particularly having retired and no longer having to use windows 7 (8?) and NT at work (2018).

I switched to accordance when i started transitioning from windows to mac for home use. I havent used accordance on windows for several years, but did use it initially and used to run it and everything on  nt but havent upgraded to later windows versions so cant comment on reliability or feel but hated using vista!
while accordance was ok on windows, so was office, sharepoint,  adobe and sibelius. However i used vmware at home and found windows on my mac was much faster and more reliable. I also found adobe and sibelius and office were all running  better and more reliably in vmware on my mac. 
yes there are things i miss from windows but i found the mac a more pleasant experience, cant quantify it, just more preferable, possibly more reliable and certainly smoother  so migrated everything to running normally in a mac os. (Adobe for mac, office for mac, sibelius for mac). I always preferred using a mouse with windows as trackpads on windows hardware were never as good as the trackpad on a mac and with macs, i found i didnt need a mouse.

Personally, I think windows explorer is infinitely better than Macs finder, and i really miss control spacebar in word on windows though i know i can put it in office for mac. And there is no visio or access for a mac in native format, But other than that, i will stick with a mac.

so for you, which operating and hardware environment do you prefer to work in but if you have a choice....

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2