New Century Version (NCV)

cweber

Hello, Is this Bible translation available in Accordance?

This reference suggests it was targeted for a Children audience, yet an adult family member likes the easy read and comments of the Max Lucado Bible and is interested.

https://www.gotquestions.org/New-Century-Version-NCV.html

Perhaps there is an alternative Study Bible. I have also been asked by another person about the MacArthur study Bible and Accordance, but also could not find that.

5 hours ago, cweber said:

I have also been asked by another person about the MacArthur study Bible and Accordance, but also could not find that.

@cweber, study Bibles in Accordance are usually provided as just the notes without the biblical text, allowing you to tie the notes to any Bible translation you like in a parallel pane. The only relatively minor complaint one may have with this approach is that, when the study Bible notes quote Scripture, the quote may not match the translation to which the notes have been tied. This can be confusing in the case when the notes explicitly disagree with the translation for which they were written, which may not match the translation you are using. :)

With that said, you can find the MacArthur Study Bible Notes module here. Note that it contains the content of the notes from the first edition of the MacArthur Study Bible; you can find an open module request for the second edition here. Also, as the image on the product page indicates (and from my experience using it), the MacArthur notes module is based on the NIV translation.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 9:07 PM, cweber said:

Hello, Is this Bible translation available in Accordance?

Accordance has never offered the New Century Version--not because we have anything against it, but rather because there's never really been much demand for it. It seemed to gain some popularity in the 1990s I believe but never gained much overall traction.

Thanks for the replies :)

I have  chosen the Christian Standard Bible (CSB) for them and think it is a reasonable blend between Formal and Functional.

• 1 year later...

Reviving this thread to see interest.