User Tools Notes etc disappearing on Dropbox Sync

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I primarily use Accordance on my MacBook and my iPad, but I recently set it up on the Windows machine at my new parish.  All was going well until I tried to set up Dropbox Syncing on the Windows machine.  Doing so removed all my user tools and user notes from Accordance my MacBook--twice.  I can locate my user tools in My Documents file, and reload them into Accordance on my Macbook, but as soon as it Dropbox Sync, it wipes them out again.  

Any solutions?

Just an update for others having this problem.  I called tech support and talked to Billy.  Twice actually, as I was not at the office when he was able to call me back the first day.  

Things got somewhat better when I turned off Automatic syncing.  But there are still major issues.  Billy told me that syncing has been buggy and they've been trying to rewrite it from scratch for a year.  I have a couple more things to play with yet, but it looks like my issue may simply not be fixable at the moment.  Which is a bummer, but I understand that there is no simple fix.  I hope that eventually we will have a whole new sync system.  

Hi @Lorinda H. M. Hoover,

I am sorry to hear you had these issues with Dropbox, but I unfortunately totally understand. A few years ago I synced with Dropbox with disastrous results. The sync deleted months of notes and highlights. Needless to say, I don't touch Dropbox with Accordance anymore, and would not personally recommend it. I am glad to hear Billy said they are working on a better option for syncing. I personally handled it by just not syncing, but I agree a reliable syncing option is a real need.

If you are changing computers, I think a practical option would be transferring the Accordance docs you have to a flash and importing it to another computer from that.

I hope this helps some.

Kristin

Thanks Kristin. I used to sync between computers without many problems, but that's been several years ago.  I'm not changing computers.  My Mac laptop is my primary computer, but there is a Windows desktop in the office of my new parish that I am setting up with Accordance to use some of the time.  But clearly having access to User Tools and User Notes on both machines just isn't in the cards right now.