Word biblical themes

ukfraser

Hi, i have just had an email from zondervan about a wbc sale, (so there is hope for those who still havent got them that we may see another sale one day). 

but in the email, they are also promoting a word biblical themes series which i havent seen before (dont get to book shops very often these days).

according to the blurb they are written by the same author of the wbc volume. I was wondering if they were new or just a reworking of the wbc text. Is anyone aware of these? Are they any good? Should accordance get them?

scan to the bottom of the link for the new volumes
https://zondervanacademic.com/promotions/wbc?utm_source=ZondervanAcademic&utm_medium=email&utm_content=update&utm_campaign=WBC2022&utm_term=Zondervan Academic Update

comments welcome. 

Edited by ukfraser

Hi @ukfraser,

I might be wrong, but I think these are the same books, not reworked, just on sale. I have this impression since on the website you provided one of the books has a release date of December 23, 2014

Kristin, did you scroll down far enough? Publish date of the first one is 2020, the  2 volumes of Chronicles are dealt with in a single volume of less than 200 pages compared to the original wbc volumes. 

5F51FE05-9FE9-4A95-BA33-6E5D2253FC60.png

3288AB0A-30AB-4D30-A87D-0EEA65E95593.png

Edited by ukfraser

Checking the series in question via Google Books indicates that these volumes in the Word Biblical Themes series are a different product and have a different function from the Word Biblical Commentary.

See this link in Google Books: Word Biblical Themes 15 Volume Set

--Joseph

Thanks Joseph. Very useful link. They look like an interesting summary and its good it looks like they havent just taken the text from wbc and just reworked it. 

dont know how much interest there would be in them having been able to skim through one. 

Edited by ukfraser