Notes In Desktop not syncing witih IOS

jkdoyle

Almost none of my desktop notes are available on IOS. I'm syncing with dropbox.  Any ideas?

If you compare the size and date of the file in Dropbox (apps/Accordance/User Notes) to the one on your desktop machine (Documents/Accordance Files/User Notes), you can at least tell whether the problem is worth getting it from desktop to Dropbox, or from Dropbox to iOS.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The files for Accordance are saved to my iCloud Documents/Accordance Files/User Notes folder (which I'm wondering if there is an iCloud issue ). Several of the notes files are int he Dropbox/apps/Accordance/User Notes, however, they are empty. So files that are anywhere from 150 to 900 bytes in the local folder on my  macbook are zero bytes in the Dropbox folder.There are also 26 items in my local folder and only 20 in my Dropbox folder.

@jkdoyle, perhaps the issue is iCloud. I can only guess since I don’t keep my Documents folder in it. On my mobile devices, I’ve noticed that it’s very aggressive about freeing space, and when a particular file isn’t downloaded, some apps treat that as a missing file. That might be creating problems for sync.

You could try moving your Accordance Files to a location that isn’t in iCloud. See