Translating Questions in the Greek Bible ??

mgvh

Thursday 28 July 2022, 1pm Eastern:

Why should you pay attention to questions in the Greek New Testament? That question would use an aorist subjunctive verb in the Greek, and it would imply something different if an indicative verb had been used. There are at least 958 interrogative sentences in the GNT to consider! This webinar will be a summary of how various types of questions are formed in Koine Greek. We will look at many examples in the GNT to show how we can translate questions to express the nuances implied. A basic level of Greek understanding is recommended to fully appreciate the webinar. UPDATE: Actually, I'll be looking at numerous examples from the Greek Bible (OT and NT).

Here is the link to the free registration.

https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7044111827839094286

Attached is a PDF handout of my PowerPoint for the Webinar.

Also attached is an ACCORD file that finds all the negative questions in the Greek NT that start with a μη or μητι form. (Greek Syntax module needed for it to work.)

I also refer to my grammar, Understanding the Greek New Testament. (Still on sale for a limited time!)

Translating Questions in the Greek Bible.pdf Questions with mh forms.accord

12.Questions in Greek.docx

Edited by mgvh
  • Like 7

Thanks Dr Mark for providing your informative material provided on the forums.  I made it to this one in person but can't always and so its great when I watch one of your webinars later and can access still the handout and other material you mention.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting these items here.  Great Webinar -  informative, useful, lots of insights —  and it was indeed FUN!

• Like 2