Accordance in Theological Seminaries?

TCanji

Hi,

I while ago - as I racall - some forum members indicated that either Accordance or Logos are "almost required" at some Seminaries in the US as a primary Bible study tool, both for professors and students ... papers, dissertations etc. Now in retrospective, is that a truth or a fiction since I can't vouch that I remembered correctly. Can some of you confirm or deny that there are reputable Theological Seminaries that truly favor one or the other Bible Software? If yes, especially regarding Accordance, would you kindly share that info - if hopefully this question is not against the Forum policy - I'd really appreciate a feedback. 

Thank you in advance.

Blessings!

I teach at United Lutheran Seminary (Gettysburg and Philadelphia, PA): ULS.edu.

I had required BibleWorks for many years, but a couple years before it closed, I had switched to Accordance for greater consistency between Mac and Windows users and a number of other reasons.

Logos is an excellent program (with both some advantages and disadvantages compared to Accordance), but I found that it is much cost effective for my students to go the Accordance route. I require the Greek and Hebrew Discoverer, and that's a great library. Academic discounts for institutions that require the program can get a 50% discount on the library.

• Like 2

Thank you mgvh! Didn’t know about 50% discount.

Appretiate your time.

Anyone else … any other Seminary?

Thanks.

In Australia most students would come under the Australian College of Theology (the nations largest theological accreditation provider). Through the ACT students can receive a range of discounts on both Accordance and Logos (details of which you can find below)

https://www.actheology.edu.au/student-resources/

• Like 1

Thank you Michael, very good to know!

Blessings to all God's people "Down Under" 😇 !

• Like 1

I took my Bachelor and M Div at Luther Rice and my PhD is at SWBTS recently.

Both have highly push both Logos and Accordance. Both have academic agreements with each for deep discounts, and SWBTS even gives out Logos Academic Basic.

Most of my professors pretty much “run” on Logos, but all my Biblical Language professors were Accordance-only. Hence while I used (and use) Logos in seminary, I invested heavily in Accordance when I got into Biblical Languages.

• Like 1

Fuller Theological Seminary (where I'm a student) recommends Accordance. They also provide a special package academic price for the software including important resources.

I have both Accordance and Logos. I far prefer Accordance over Logos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Accordance is the recommended and required software at SAGU for both undergraduate and our graduate degrees in Bible & Theology

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1