Add user Item to User Notes

Michael Chesanek

Ability to Add User Items to User Notes  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd like to be able to create a user item in my user notes (Like I can in Stacks) so that I can take notes on resources that are not available in Accordance, keeping all of my notes in one place.  I'd love for this to be a tree structure with the ability to add "child" and possibly even "sibling" notes to each item within the notes file.

Edited by Michael Chesanek

If I'm understanding your request correctly, couldn't you do what you're wanting to do in a User Tool? In your Library pane, you can create folders and subfolders for your User Tools.

I know that I can create folders and subfolders in my library.  However, as far as I can see, that just allows me to organize my notes files or other tool files.  What I would like is to be able to create notebooks that look exactly like my other notes in terms of where I access them and how they display.  I'd like to be able to create the topics manually without the resource having to be in Accordance and have the freedom to add subnotes and possibly sibling notes so that my notes display like a tree, as they currently do, where I can drill down.  For that matter, it would be great to be able to modify the notes tree for existing resources and add branches / sub-note categories to them, which I don't currently see a way to do.

It just dawned on me that perhaps you're talking about importing outside resources, such as pdf's, and turning them into user tools, which then link to your notes.  That is great in theory, but in practice, at present I've not had great results importing pdfs "as is".  I feel like it would take a lot of time on my end to get things formatted in a way that reads well in Accordance for each resource (I would likely be using a lot of old public domain texts / pdfs) I'd rather be able to just click a button and manually start a new notes tree for a resource that is not in Accordance.