The text “HMT-W4” cannot be opened, because it requires a newer version of Accordance

Enoch

When I try to use Accordance 12, I get this error message & cannot open the Hebrew text:

The text “HMT-W4” cannot be opened, because it requires a newer version of Accordance.

Surely this module worked for years in Acc 12 without any need for a newer version.

But ever since I "upgraded" (downgraded?) to Acc 13, I have had problem after problem with much wasted time & frustration.  I wanted to use Acc 12 because Accordance fouled up a very good highlight system & now changed it to be frustrating to use for me in 13.  I tried Safari thinking that the "trust" issue would appear, but it did not.

If you delete HMT-W4 from your library, you should be able to use Easy Install to get a compatible version. The latest releases of HMT-W4 have extra data to support Letters search, and are not compatible with older versions of Accordance.

• Like 1

How did my Acc 12 get an incompatible version since it had a compatible version.

Are you sure it won't happen again?  I used to get this kind of notice on the Greek text of NA-28 Sigla.  I think the error went away after I "upgraded" from Yosemite to Mojave.  I don't get this error message if I use the BHS untagged text.

I imagine the incompatible version was downloaded when you were using Accordance 13, since you can switch versions without re-downloading your library.

I could be wrong about the cause, but it doesn’t take long to delete one Text and reinstall it.

If the version number of HMT-W4 is 2.0 or higher, then it has data for letter searches and that’s why it’s incompatible with Accordance 12. If it’s less than 2.0, then there’s some other problem.

The version number is shown in the information about the Text, although if it’s incompatible, perhaps you won’t be able to view that:

55431F5B-4489-48BF-A61B-1BDDAA6A09A0.thumb.jpeg.625d80e8bbf7b24010f31e85c9ca3187.jpeg

I was advise that I could do a legacy download of Acc 12 into another computer which does not have Accordance. But if I do that, will I get my modules with that, or will I have to download the modules I purchased also? & if I upgrade content, will I get again an incompatible version of BHS-tagged?  If so it would see that once you lose Acc 12, it is gone for good, no recovery.

On 7/15/2022 at 2:27 PM, jlm said:

I imagine the incompatible version was downloaded when you were using Accordance 13, since you can switch versions without re-downloading your library.

I could be wrong about the cause, but it doesn’t take long to delete one Text and reinstall it.

For something that "doesn't take long" I sure have wasted a huge amount of time trying to get Accordance to work after buying Acc 13. This never happened before since I have been upgrading since I bought Acc 7.  Am I wrong for thinking that Accordance should put out the effort now to fix the system so that BHS-tagged can be downloaded to Acc 12 easily & without such problems?  I believe that I have spent enough, like $20,000 on Accordance & also given it as gifts to others enough to get this service.  Also, I wish I could get back the Highlighting system we had in Acc 12.

Edited by Enoch