Sync doesn't work.

Kelley Kuhlman

I cannot get my mobile app to sync with Dropbox - it just spins and spins. I am logged in correctly. Is there a trick to make it work? I am using an android tablet using android 11. Thanks

Edited by Kelley Kuhlman

• 2 months later...

Same for me.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  It shows just mobile highlights as a sync choice as well even though I have a few different files in the dropbox folder.  

I have no issues syncing macOS or iOS.

• 2 months later...

It hasn't worked for a while, and I would assume at this point it probably won't work again for quite a while. there has been no update on the android side for almost a year and a half and my guess is that it is completely on the back burner at this point. Unfortunately, the fact that sync doesn't work practically makes the android app useless.

P.S. I've posted multiple times about the android development trying to get answers but all I have gotten is that they are "still committed" to having an android app.

Edited by KCarmanIII
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...

It was so good to find this post. Knowing that I am not alone and also I don't have to waste time trying a whole lot of things! Must be hard to fix ????

Otherwise surely they would have fixed it by now. 

Prayer works miracles :-)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

It's been a year and a half since this was reported.   Are there any plans to fix it?

I use MacOs and IOS and had been able to sync until yesterday.  Now all I get is the spinning beachball on my MacBook.  Syncing is also not currently working on my iPad.   I emailed Tech-support but didn't get any solution.  I just received a promise that they are working hard on syncing.    Still not sure that Accordance understands how vital it is that we are able to sync to mobile devices.  Hoping there is a reliable solution soon.  

I welcome correction, but I believe the reason why it's so long to get fixed is because they're not trying to fix the current problem. They are completely redoing the whole syncing process from the ground up. That's why it's taking a long time. They're not just bug fixing, but redoing the whole structure and process.

13 minutes ago, mhanel said:

I welcome correction, but I believe the reason why it's so long to get fixed is because they're not trying to fix the current problem. They are completely redoing the whole syncing process from the ground up. That's why it's taking a long time. They're not just bug fixing, but redoing the whole structure and process.

It is a completely new implementation. Hopefully it'll be in beta soon! 

We're making good progress on the new syncing system. It will be completely in-house developed and no longer rely on Dropbox or any other solutions. Instead of trying to patch the tire, we're putting brand new, top-of-the-line tires on the car.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

We're making good progress on the new syncing system. It will be completely in-house developed and no longer rely on Dropbox or any other solutions. Instead of trying to patch the tire, we're putting brand new, top-of-the-line tires on the car.

Will the new approach allow automatic syncing across multiple devices? For example, if I highlight something on my PC, can I expect to open my phone app and see the highlighting?

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I can find out from our programmers as we get close. To my knowledge, I thought everything is going to be pretty transparent.

• Like 2