Disaster on my iPhone

themacmonk

I've sent this information as a support email as well, but I figured I'd post it here as well in case anyone here has any ideas:

iOS 15.6, iPhone 11 Pro

It all began with my purchase of The Dead Sea Scrolls Bible. 

After Easy Installing it on my iPhone, I wished to move it into my English Texts folder. I selected it and tried, but it refused to move. After several attempts it did move, but into the Tanakh folder instead. 

I tried once more to move it from that folder to the ET folder. The Accordance app promptly crashed. 

When I relaunched it I discovered that the crash had wiped out all my Texts folders EXCEPT for the English Texts (and the DSSB was not among them). All my Tools were still there, but all the non-English text folders were gone.

Wireless syncing hasn’t been working for a long while; it would always begin but stall one or two modules in and just stay there. But I tried to do a wireless sync to restore some of my non-English texts to see if it would work. It did seem to work; the sync was moving along quickly. But as soon as it finished, the app crashed. This behavior was duplicated two more times. Neither a reboot nor a hard reset of my iPhone fixed the issue.

Next step was to delete the app and reinstall it. Bad idea. Now, the app won’t even let me sign in to my account. It puts up the following dialog:  

“Login Error: please verify your user name and password”

I can assure you that both are correct. After a couple of attempts I even changed my password to see if the app would recognize a new one… no such luck.

So…. now I sit here with no Accordance at all on my iPhone - a completely unacceptable situation.  

Unfortunately there are NO crash reports from Accordance on my iPhone on my Mac.  Any ideas how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Christopher

until someone with more technical knowledge responds. You might try the following to see if it helps. 

When accordance misbehaves the first thing i do is head over to settings and in the accordance app, switch on remove saved session.

In your case i would probably also switch on reset user content and clear download cache.

not sure why it wasnt placed in english texts to start with which seems very strange but dont have that resource.

1B8863EE-CBCF-4A22-9008-5A3954E430B8.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ukfraser said:

until someone with more technical knowledge responds. You might try the following to see if it helps. 

When accordance misbehaves the first thing i do is head over to settings and in the accordance app, switch on remove saved session.

In your case i would probably also switch on reset user content and clear download cache.

not sure why it wasnt placed in english texts to start with which seems very strange but dont have that resource.

1B8863EE-CBCF-4A22-9008-5A3954E430B8.jpeg

Thank you for responding!

Before deleting the app I did try this procedure a couple of times, with no effect. 

Thanks to Accordance Tech Support, I am now signed in to the app. I’ll have to wait until later this evening to find out if I’m now able to sync with my Mac. 

Christopher

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever get this to work? I have a similar issue. I lost my non-English texts, and cannot add any text, English or non-English.