Göttingen LXX Apparatus help

screfield

Hi All, I'm studying Leviticus 2:8 and am trying to decode some information in the Göttingen LXX Apparatus. There is one variant to προσοισει listed: the 2nd Person Sing. form προσοισεις. The Apparatus logs this variant as coming from "Fa." My question is, what is "Fa"?

When I click the link in Accordance I'm taken to a description (in German) which appears to reference "Codex Ambrosianus, Mailand." But that doesn't appear to be a LXX Leviticus text, so I'm struggling to understand this reference. 

John William Wevers (in "LXX: Notes on the Greek Text of Leviticus") references this same variant as coming from "F Byz" but with nothing in his list of sigla to help identify what's being referenced.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

9 hours ago, screfield said:

Hi All, I'm studying Leviticus 2:8 and am trying to decode some information in the Göttingen LXX Apparatus. There is one variant to προσοισει listed: the 2nd Person Sing. form προσοισεις. The Apparatus logs this variant as coming from "Fa." My question is, what is "Fa"?

When I click the link in Accordance I'm taken to a description (in German) which appears to reference "Codex Ambrosianus, Mailand." But that doesn't appear to be a LXX Leviticus text, so I'm struggling to understand this reference. 

John William Wevers (in "LXX: Notes on the Greek Text of Leviticus") references this same variant as coming from "F Byz" but with nothing in his list of sigla to help identify what's being referenced.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

H. B. Swete, in his An Intrduction to the Old Testament in Greek republished by Hendrickson, pp. 124, 235 f. gives information on this MS. As I understand, it does include Leviticus 1:1-9:18. It is called Ambrosianus, as your source specified and is located in Milan. The F is a MS letter assigned by Lagarde.

Regards,

David Moore

6 hours ago, dvdmoore08 said:

@screfield

You might find it helpful to actually read what J.W. Wevers has to say about F in the text following the sigla, page xxx §9.4.5. 

Edited by c. stirling bartholomew

H. B. Swete, in his An Intrduction to the Old Testament in Greek republished by Hendrickson, pp. 124, 235 f. gives information on this MS.

In my hard copy of Swete the info on F is on pages 124, 135 f. Typical of H. B. Swete loads of detail.

More recent: Some Remarks on the Codex Ambrosianus
 Mariachiara Fincati

https://www.academia.edu/7274539/Some_Remarks

Edited by c. stirling bartholomew
  • Like 1