Modern English Version

Ryan Gustason

Title: The Modern English Version (MEV)
Vendor: Passio
Publication Date: 2015
ISBN: 1629986429
ISBN-13: 9781629986425

A formal equivalence version based in large part on the KJV text.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the Modern English Version. It would be nice to use it as a parallel Bible to compare with other translations. 

• Like 1

+1 more

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

+1 as well. 

Right now I use Bible Gateway. 

• 1 month later...

I would buy an MEV module immediately.  We need a modern version based on the traditional texts of both the OT and NT to compare with the numerous excellent English versions already available in Accordance that are based on the critical text.  There was a thread a while ago that said Accordance was contacting the publisher for terms, but I don't believe there has been any update on that effort.  

Edited by James Lynch

• 2 months later...

I’d enjoy it as well. Have it in Logos, but this would give me one less time I’d need to dip into Logos.

I've emailed twice, but have not had a response. 

• Like 1

Thanks Jordan, for trying to get a hold of them. 

You might want to contact the Military Bible Association (MBA), because it looks like they either do now or did once hold the MEV copyright. It may have transferred to Passio/Charisma Media, but several years ago they were listed only as distributor/publisher, with copyright held by MBA. Even if MBA no longer holds the copyright, they might be interested in helping to get in touch with the right folks to discuss this. The following is from MBA website:

When and how did Military Bible Association begin?
Military Bible Association began in 2007 at Fort Dix, New Jersey under the direction of Chaplain (MAJOR) James F. Linzey, USA (now retired), who is the chief editor of the Modern English Version Bible translation and chairman of the translation committee. 

• Like 1