Crash when checking for updates

miketisdell

When I launch easy install and install new purchases and then after the purchases are installed, I then click the "updates" button at the top of the screen to check for updates, Accordance crashes. I have had this happen twice over the last couple of months. 

Accordance version is 13.3.2.0

Did you get a crash report which you can post here for the developers?

That is a bug that has been reported for a while. I imagine they are still trying to figure that one out, since there have not been any app updates for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also noted similar crashes in the update function.

• 2 weeks later...

More update woes... and the third woe yet to come...

Accordance Crash Log
Crashed at: 8:34:33:361 On: 16 of Jun, 2022  Central Daylight Time

Accordance 13.3.3 (13.3.3.0)
Windows 10 (10.0.22000)
RAM: 11372MB free of 16151MB total
Disc: 19GB free of 118GB total

Address:   $004ECB2C

Backtrace: 
  $004ECB2C
  $00A0063B
  $005D8241
  $004DE189
  $005A6434
  $0098EC85
  $005C022C
  $009FF2DE
  $009FE86C
  $005D80F1
  $004DE4DC
  $0059D04C
  $0057BFAC
  $0057D086
  $005806CD
  $00582DBB
  $77B77C92

• 2 months later...

We have had some success removing the General Settings to correct this on some Windows PCs.  

Accordance Safe Mode will allow you to easily remove or disable User Content, Settings, Connectivity and do Clean up for troubleshooting purposes.

In order to open Accordance Safe Mode on a Windows computer, press and hold your ‘alt’ key ‘immediately after’ you click on the icon to open Accordance.

Please select ‘Remove General Settings’ and then relaunch Accordance. This will reset some of your personal preferences and you will need to put in your name and account information again, but this is normal.

Hopefully this will help.

• Like 1

@Billy32792

What does General Settings hold? Just wondering what I will lose by deleting it.

• Like 1

We have been told that there are many (mostly small) preferences contained in the General preferences. We requested a list of all of the preferences included, but we never received it. What you can do is rename the General file and then also make a backup copy of it. Then you can remove the General Settings file in Accordance Safe Mode and if it doesn't correct the issue or if you are just not happy with the results, then you can delete the new General File and restore the previous one to get back to where you were. You always have to restart Accordance after swapping or renaming a preference file in order to see the results.

You can find the General Preferences file at: 

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Accordance\Accordance Preferences\General

In order to open Accordance Safe Mode on a Windows computer, press and hold your ‘alt’ key ‘immediately after’ you click on the icon to open Accordance.

Please select ‘Remove General Settings’ and then relaunch Accordance. This will reset some of your personal preferences and you will need to put in your name and account information again, but this is normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I'm on 14.0.3, and checking for content updates still causes a crash every time. I've been experiencing this for about a year on both of my computers. I've tried removing General Settings and even a full reinstall on clean, fully-updated install of Windows 11 but none of that fixed the problem.

The only workaround I've found is to first click into Easy Install from the Utilities menu and THEN clicking the Updates button in that popup window. That works every time.

If this is a bug that nobody wants to / knows how to fix, maybe removing the Check for Content Updates option from the Utilities menu and forcing everybody to access this functionality from the Easy Install interface would be an 'solution.'

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of days ago a content update check resulted in an unresponsive popup window. The button to initiate download remained ghosted, and my only choice was to right-click on the taskbar and close the window. This had never happened to me before. Version 14.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

where can i get the crash reports? About 80% of the time I open accordance it does an autoupdate but it just opens it multiple times and I end up task manager closing the app.

Rob

• Like 1