Corrections

rcdeacon

I tried to report a correction. I highlighted the text in question, clicked on "report a correction" Accordance opened my browser, opened my usual opening pages but DID NOT take me to the place to report a correction. 1 Peter 2:6 in the CSB (17) S contains an Old Testament quote that is NOT tagged. It IS tagged in the NKJVS and the ESVS but NOT in the CSB (17)S!

Bob

Bob, i had an issue some time ago and so just used to copy and paste the error including the full resource reference into a new email in my normal email app and then send directly to corrections@accordancebible.com. they seemed to get them as i got the usual acknowledgement. 

Thank you, I will give that a try.

Bob

UKFRASER, I did send the email as you suggested and receipt was acknowledged by the Accordance people. Thank you for your help, it is appreciated!

Bob

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I have been also been reporting corrections by email because the built in method does not work for me either since 2014.

I noticed a new item that should be corrected a few days ago and became curious about previous but different corrections that I submitted by email.

So I looked them up.

Well I suspect that I have been wasting my time submitting them.

I checked a few that I sent in abut a year ago and the errors still exist.

The errors that I described were merely hyper link errors that likely exist with the Accordance domain only.

Dave

Accordance collects error correction reports but doesn't act on them unless 1) a title reaches a critical mass in the number of reports, or 2) a critical error needs immediate attention.

Missing verse hyperlinks are not considered critical errors, so they take a back seat to almost everything else. 

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 1

Thanks Mark!

There is an irony here. 🙂

When introduced to Accordance my friends are very impressed and encouraged by the feature of mouse over highlighted hyperlinks and reading the reference in the instant message.

They are not all academics/scholars but all like that feature and of course move on to appreciate other features as well.

Seems ironic to me that te hypertext feature is lowest on (if on at all) the corrections priority list.  🙂

On 12/9/2022 at 7:58 AM, dlrude said:

Seems ironic to me that te hypertext feature is lowest on (if on at all) the corrections priority list.  🙂

It's not that creating active verse hyperlinks is unimportant. It's just that they're not as critical as things like errors in the text and missing text.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 1

I reported a missing text in a bible and attached a screenshot 2 years ago. As of today it is still not yet fixed.

I just wondering how difficult to make a correction. 😞

25 minutes ago, simonau said:

I reported a missing text in a bible and attached a screenshot 2 years ago. As of today it is still not yet fixed.

Wow, apparently it is quite difficult!  🙂

I have found all of the folks that I have encountered at Accordance to be outstanding.

So I suspect that they have serious methodology issue here.

Dave

Accordance might do some work to make sure the purported correction is legitimate, but there may be significant delays involved in getting the publisher to make the changes since Accordance is only a reseller.

5 hours ago, Lawrence said:

Accordance might do some work to make sure the purported correction is legitimate, but there may be significant delays involved in getting the publisher to make the changes since Accordance is only a reseller.

Mine have not been that complex but rather they were merely Accordance's own hypertext errors.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 8:04 PM, simonau said:

Do you mind posting that info here? Something as serious as that would normally have been corrected right away. 

Are any Accordance employees reading this thread?

They are the final artbiters and if they are not following this thread then all of this it moot.

Let's face it the errors we are griping about have already been sent in thru the established methodology.

It is the methodology that is in question. I think we need an audience with the current corrections staff.

Dave

32 minutes ago, dlrude said:

Are any Accordance employees reading this thread?

They are the final artbiters and if they are not following this thread then all of this it moot.

Let's face it the errors we are griping about have already been sent in thru the established methodology.

It is the methodology that is in question. I think we need an audience with the current corrections staff.

Dave

Accordance handles corrections and other support items directly, not through the forums. When a significant correction is not handled within a short time frame a follow-up to the direct channel is the method that gets the most certain response. Phone calls or emails to support get prompt attention. These forums are mostly for users. Some of this is covered in the Guidelines section of the forum. 

On 12/9/2022 at 5:14 AM, Mark Allison said:

Accordance collects error correction reports but doesn't act on them unless 1) a title reaches a critical mass in the number of reports, or 2) a critical error needs immediate attention.

Hi @Mark Allison,

I was reading on another thread about how you don't think they will create a Linux version because of a man-power issue, and it reminded me of this statement I copied above. My impression, which may be wrong, just my impression, is that since v.13 the company has a "focus" of features, as opposed to a focus of stability. To be honest, I had pre-ordered v.14 specifically since I thought the highlight issue would be addressed as I thought that v.14 was fixing the issues v.13 had created .(I did not have highlight issues in v.12). But ever since the release of 14, the forum is filled of 95% bug problems. It appears that the focus is features at the expense of stability at times. Do you feel like this impression is valid, or do you think this is not an accurate assessment? I would also like to mention I am not saying ANY of this to be harsh or anything, I am just trying to get a handle of what is going on and would be interested if you have any thoughts.

Kristin

• Like 1

@Kristin I don't work for Accordance anymore, and can't evaluate their intentions for releases. Wish I could be more help!

• Like 1