Where in Preferences is found a place to set the default text?

Enoch

Fabian did me the great favor (for which I thank him greatly) of producing or sponsoring a new ASV module which is now shadow highlight linked to Greek & Hebrew texts & to Instant Details.  (For some reason it is not called ASVS, but has a long title which puts it near the end of the list of text modules instead of in the alphabetical order).  But I found no place in Accordance Preferences to set the default text which appears in a new Workspace.  One would think that the choice would be in General or in Text Display -- but it is not.

So could someone please tell me where the default Bible text is controlled?

The abbreviation is ASVS. 2088621870_Bildschirmfoto2022-05-23um20_49_35.png.6028a80701ee2492a70f4a13495af6a3.png

New modules are always at the end after installing. 

Best you go to the Menu bar, Help, Setup Assistant. 

23 hours ago, Fabian said:

The abbreviation is ASVS. 2088621870_Bildschirmfoto2022-05-23um20_49_35.png.6028a80701ee2492a70f4a13495af6a3.png

New modules are always at the end after installing. 

Best you go to the Menu bar, Help, Setup Assistant. 

Thanks much, Fabian.  I poked around in preferences trying to set all (English) text defaults to ASVS.  And after that ASVS was the default when opening a Workspace. But I still don't know precisely where the default setting is in preferences for Workspace default text.  I sort of threw gold all around into the fire & a calf came out.  So I now don't need SetUp Assistant which I am afraid to use because: years a go I had spent a lot of time setting up my library the way I wanted it. Then we "upgraded" to a new version of Accordance.  Then after I ran the setUp assistant (which I will probably never do again), I found all of my work sorting & arranging library was gone with an Accordance default set up, which I did not like.  Thanks again for the ASVS module; I can't believe I now have that. Will awake & find it was a dream?

Edited by Enoch

Hi @Enoch

Besides the Setup Assistant (since you do not want run it) here are several default text settings found in Accordance.

In Preferences > Search Tabs,  Check the Settings for new search tabs > Text. This should be the primary setting for new workspaces.

In Preferences > Tool Display > HyperText, Check the Text and Alternate Text.

In Preferences > Web & Text Browser > Hypertext, Check the Text and Alternate Texts.

Right Click on the Info Pane window and select Set Info Pane Options > HyperText, Check the Text and Alternate Text.

You can also try moving your preferred text to the top of your text list in the library. In some instances this will help if you have had Accordance for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where is the ASVS available? I, too, would like to have it.

Edited by Tony Lawrence

I guess it is purchasable next month for  $5.99.

6 hours ago, Fabian said:

I guess it is purchasable next month for  $5.99.

Thanks! Your work is greatly appreciated.

• Like 1