Nouvelle Bible segond (french translation)

Martin Nouis

Hello.

I am a French-speaking Accordance user, and I am grateful for the three French Bible translations available. But these three translations make the assumption that the text doesn't need to be formatted - it's just raw data. And it is very tiring for the reader.

I would be interested in having the translation "Nouvelle Bible Segond" edited by the French Bible Alliance (www.alliancebiblique.fr). It is a serious translation which is widely accepted and which is well laid out.

(I also add that the "Traduction œcuménique de la Bible", la "Novelle français courant"  and the "traduction officiel liturgique" (catholique) would be wonderful - it comes just after in my "Wish list", but I will make new topics for that)

Edited by Martin Nouis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Martin Nouis said:

Hello.

I am a French-speaking Accordance user, and I am grateful for the three French Bible translations available. But these three translations make the assumption that the text doesn't need to be formatted - it's just raw data. And it is very tiring for the reader.

I would be interested in having the translation "Nouvelle Bible Segond" edited by the French Bible Alliance (www.alliancebiblique.fr). It is a serious translation which is widely accepted and which is well laid out.

(I also add that the "Traduction œcuménique de la Bible", la "Novelle français courant"  and the "traduction officiel liturgique" (catholique) would be wonderful - it comes just after in my "Wish list", but I will make new topics for that)

I'm working on licensing all of these for Accordance. I'm actually preparing the markup for La Nouvelle Français Courant right now. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Martin Nouis said:

Hello.

As per 1) yes, it would be nice to have the original formatting for these translations, especially for the Segond révisée and the NEG (I don't think that Segond 1910 has anything particular in that regard).

Also 2) the NBS would be a good version to have in Accordance. I agree with Martin about the quality and layout!

Very much looking forward to having the Nouvelle français Courant in Accordance!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/28/2022 at 8:17 PM, Mark Allison said:

I'm working on licensing all of these for Accordance. I'm actually preparing the markup for La Nouvelle Français Courant right now. 

Hi @Mark Allison, any news on this? Will it be possible to tell my students that this and the Greek-French NT lexicon will be available for this new school year? Thanks in advance for any update you can give on this!

Edited by Donald Cobb

We received files for the NFC and the Greek-French dictionary. No word on a release date.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Jordan S said:

We received files for the NFC and the Greek-French dictionary. No word on a release date.

Ok. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Just a bit of a nudge, here. Any ETA? This has been in the works since April...

• Like 1