LETTERS search not working with Targums Tagged module!!

Accordance Enthusiast

This is the "Feature Request" board, not the "Bug Swatters - Windows" or "Technical Support" board. You also put a couple other troubleshooting posts here as well.

Also, have some respect for our admins: It's pretty rude to curtly dump screenshots with no comment except an angry subject line. They work really hard to help us and make this a good thing!

Moved to Technical Support

On 4/19/2022 at 11:40 PM, Andrew Patterson said:

This is the "Feature Request" board, not the "Bug Swatters - Windows" or "Technical Support" board. You also put a couple other troubleshooting posts here as well.

Also, have some respect for our admins: It's pretty rude to curtly dump screenshots with no comment except an angry subject line. They work really hard to help us and make this a good thing!

Previously I was told by an Accordance admin member to post a similar problem in the feature request section.

13 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Previously I was told by an Accordance admin member to post a similar problem in the feature request section.

Not a huge deal. The post, without any explanation, comes across as a bug from the title. The distinction is this: if something is supposed to work a certain way and doesn't, post in Technical Support. If it's not supposed to work in a certain way, but you wish it did, post in Feature Requests. 

• Like 4

On 4/23/2022 at 2:15 AM, R. Mansfield said:

Not a huge deal. The post, without any explanation, comes across as a bug from the title. The distinction is this: if something is supposed to work a certain way and doesn't, post in Technical Support. If it's not supposed to work in a certain way, but you wish it did, post in Feature Requests. 

Thank you for the information and explanation.

I'll do so in the future!

I love the wonderful Accordance staff, but I'd like to note that I'm also having this same bug with the targums and other modules... despite hours of troubleshooting, and all I've been through as recorded in this thread: 

Edited by TYA
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, TYA said:

I love the wonderful Accordance staff, but I'd like to note that I'm also having this same bug with the targums and other modules... despite hours of troubleshooting, and all I've been through as recorded in this thread: 

Yes, it's time for Accordance to stop wasting time on dozens of new volumes of commentaries and books, and rather spend time to get the Bible modules working.

If you are really honest, you should advertise on your Accordance website all the modules and searches which do not work, so people at least know they are buying software with dozens of bugs for thousands of dollars.

It is still worth it, and I am not against you or Accordance. But you promised me more than I really got, and there is no urgency from your side to even respond to every bug that I report.

• Like 1

Anonymous, I jumped in on this post of yours so that the Accordance team could see that multiple people are having the same issue, as that might escalate the priority of the problem, and get us a solution faster.  I had to figure out a while back that not all bugs are common to all users.  In fact, some are very rare, and I've had Accordance staff members spend significant time trying to help me with bugs that only I had.  (The latter isn't hard to believe if you knew what kind of computer I used to have.)

If it's okay for me to share my opinion, Accordance does care about you, but they also care about thousands of other people at the same time.  Be patient, and remember that a drop of honey catches more flies than a bucket of accusations.

• Like 3

On 4/19/2022 at 12:47 AM, Anonymous said:

image.thumb.png.e717cb63ec98bc27f96df0cf627ab701.png

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but why are you using both an asterisk and a question mark in this search?

Hi there Mark, thank you for responding to my post.

I often use that combination in my searches because I want to have a specific vowel on the ? and ANY letters may precede.

Here is the search without the Question mark, it still has the same flaw when I add a tag:

image.thumb.png.44c80c480aa1ba3aadff40fafc14088b.png

Here is the search I really wanted to do:

image.png.a1e8f87a35109f1afc25c753cd0f217a.png

Above you can see the reason for using the Asterisk and question mark. I can't put a vowel on the asterisk and expect the correct results. But like I said, the same problem occurs without the question mark and with the tag.

Hope you can fix this in future

4 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Hi there Mark, thank you for responding to my post.

I often use that combination in my searches because I want to have a specific vowel on the ? and ANY letters may precede.

Here is the search without the Question mark, it still has the same flaw when I add a tag:

image.thumb.png.44c80c480aa1ba3aadff40fafc14088b.png

Yes, there's definitely a bug here and we're prioritizing fixing it. Thanks for pointing it out!

• Like 1

Thank you, I appreciate if you respond and tell us that you will be or have already reported the bugs we notice.

Shalom.

• Like 2