"Products you already own are highlighted in Blue" -- Broken Feature???

David Langer

The title of this topic: "Products you already own are highlighted in blue" is on every Accordance collection product page supposedly to hep us make informed buying decisions. WHY then do I find either nothing highlighted in blue or only very few items highlighted? I'm talking that such resources as KJVS, ESVS, etc don't even get highlighted. How is this supposed to be helpful?

When speaking in a live chat -- I received absolutely no help - not even an "I don't know why." So perhaps someone here can chime in and help me understand if this is just a broken system on the website. Because as it stands right now -- I won't be buying any more resources -- I don't want to pay for duplicates that the system doesn't recognize I already own.

As an Accordance user for about 4 years, I can tell you that if you do mistakenly purchase something you already own you don't get an Easy Install screen so you quickly discover you already own it. I have made that mistake more than once, and every time Accordance has very kindly refunded my purchase, no questions asked. I think they have something like a 30 day money back guarantee.

• Like 2

For individual items, I get a 'you own this product' in red when logged in and browsing the store. See below the rating in the screenshot. This has saved me from buying something again a couple of times.

BF06074E-C17B-4FAD-BFCE-A8A46B53E3B9.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

I admit that I was a little confused, as well, when I first started browsing collections after making my first few purchases. After some trial and error, it seems that only products that are individually purchasable (and thus have a price in the last column) will be highlighted in blue if you own them. For example, I "own" the NAS95S, but it is not highlighted in the "English Bible add-on (January 2019)" collection (and note the "N/A" in the price column):

accord-collection.thumb.png.f286c91617975be2cd0da184317dcf9b.png

However, when I visit the NAS95S product page, it states that it is only for sale within a collection (i.e., a "package"):

accord-nas95s.png.038605701ff11cff6787c9f5c38a9fcc.png

So, while I agree that it would be less confusing if every module one owned was highlighted, I can understand why Accordance only highlights those modules that actually contribute to how they calculate the cost of the collection—because that's all that really affects how much I will ultimately pay.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In my opinion this has to be improved in the future. 

For example not all items I have in a bundle are mentioned "You own this product". Second in the older shop, we were able to purchase it again, if we wanted this as a gift for someone other. We get then a notification, we already own it. But as you have put another receiver the purchase has gone through.

Sometimes the price is not correct calculated, if you own the item already.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fabian said:

In my opinion this has to be improved in the future. 

For example not all items I have in a bundle are mentioned "You own this product". Second in the older shop, we were able to purchase it again, if we wanted this as a gift for someone other. We get then a notification, we already own it. But as you have put another receiver the purchase has gone through.

Sometimes the price is not correct calculated, if you own the item already.

I agree. The previous website seemed more accurate in reflecting what was owned, especially with respect to collections and bundles. Pricing also seemed more accurate in such cases. Of course, one can always ask sales to give a quote or to perform manual pricing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

The previous website seemed more accurate in reflecting what was owned

The new site took away all the most useful features. This has caused us confusion and frustration. Since they've been unable to re-add these features, they should restore the old site. I think all customers would agree that is was far better.

• Like 4

And not all modules are searchable. For examples the one you have in the Basic Starter are not searchable.

And not all modules have a Product Details. Especially the Bibles lacks of them. And this could be anyway more exhaustive. For example the ISBN if available, on the most the language is not given, etc. 

• 2 months later...

I have been so frustrated with Accordance since the website updated around 3 years ago or so because of not making it clear nor automatically giving credit for products owned thus I have all about stopped buying new products from Accordance and am buying with another company instead. 😞Well thought I might take a look today and noted this on the package Targums Add-on (April 2020):   Lo and behold surprisingly (sarcasm) it does not give me credit for SAMTARG which I already have tagged. This doesn't seem like an exception but the normal issues I have on all my packages (maybe not all but it seems that way when ever I have checked). I am pretty sure the issue here is the one I have is tagged and the one on the package is not tagged but obviously I already have the base if I have it with tags too.  Why do they want to charge me for the SAMTARG when I already have it tagged? Yes, they are very good about giving you credit when you purchase items you already have but why do I need to go through everything with a critical eye to make sure I am not paying twice for the same thing?  Why can't this be fixed?  I would like to know when I check a product an accurate amount it will cost without emails back n forth to figure it out.  Please fix this frustration, it has been going on way too long.  1238571470_Productsowned.thumb.png.4c503ff9e6119d5f0cfc14bcda27ddb7.png547001294_Alreadyhaveit.thumb.png.4e30b4a5b045245375a816e75d76efb0.png

Edited by billman
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, billman said:

I have been so frustrated with Accordance since the website updated around 3 years ago or so because of not making it clear nor automatically giving credit for products owned thus I have all about stopped buying new products from Accordance and am buying with another company instead. 😞Well thought I might take a look today and noted this on the package Targums Add-on (April 2020):   Lo and behold surprisingly (sarcasm) it does not give me credit for SAMTARG which I already have tagged. This doesn't seem like an exception but the normal issues I have on all my packages (maybe not all but it seems that way when ever I have checked). I am pretty sure the issue here is the one I have is tagged and the one on the package is not tagged but obviously I already have the base if I have it with tags too.  Why do they want to charge me for the SAMTARG when I already have it tagged? Yes, they are very good about giving you credit when you purchase items you already have but why do I need to go through everything with a critical eye to make sure I am not paying twice for the same thing?  Why can't this be fixed?  I would like to know when I check a product an accurate amount it will cost without emails back n forth to figure it out.  Please fix this frustration, it has been going on way too long.  1238571470_Productsowned.thumb.png.4c503ff9e6119d5f0cfc14bcda27ddb7.png547001294_Alreadyhaveit.thumb.png.4e30b4a5b045245375a816e75d76efb0.png

The system is working as designed: regular prices are reduced to reflect what you already own, but sale prices are not. It’s explained here: 

• Confused 1

It remains a problem. I spent a bit of time looking at current sale items (packages) to see if there were new items. The blue highlights are inaccurate in many cases. It is hard to understand why some items already purchased are highlighted and others are not.

• Like 1

It appears this issue might be one of language as I have the Hebrew text but the one in the package appears to be Aramaic. So that appears to be the issue this time.  So this time the issue or error is on me but don't  think that is always the case. 😉

Edited by billman

• 7 months later...
On 7/12/2022 at 1:12 PM, jlm said:

The system is working as designed: regular prices are reduced to reflect what you already own, but sale prices are not. It’s explained here: 

The problem is that as a customer, i don't see that your system recognizes what I own in Accordance. You are asking me to take by faith that I am not being charged for products already owned. I will take God, on faith, but not anyone else, especially when a system is supposedly in place to help the customer clearly see what is or isn't already owned - which allows for an informed buying decision.

Let me show this thread to my manager and see what I can find out.