Search Results In Greek and English

tjebme

In the iOS app, I have done a search on a word in the NA28. Is it possible to easily get a parallel window (sync automatically) showing the same search results in an English translation (e.g., ESV)? Thanks.

33206C8E-BB9A-4114-96A5-CEEA5585C711.png

If you open a parallel text via the icon at the bottom right, and assuming it's a translation tagged with Strong's numbers, tapping on the Greek word should cross-highlight to the equivalent translated word.

Thank you! That is useful. In order for the cross-highlighting to occur on my iPad in this instance I have to do a press (or tap) and hold on the word in the Greek window (just a tap of the word doesn't activate the corresponding word for me). The corresponding English word is then highlighted, but the instant details window also pops up at the same time. If I want to do a search or look up a definition, I want to see the instant details window. However, in this instance, I just want to see the corresponding word highlighted. Is there a setting that lets me keep the instant details window for the other scenarios, but doesn't activate the instant details window at the same time it activates the corresponding word highlight?

I don't know of a way to keep the Instant Details from popping up, and I can see where that would be annoying for what you're wanting to do. However, you can do a quick second tap that clears away the ID info.

• Like 1

Thank for the reply. Would be nice if it was possible to streamline this experience in the future.

3 hours ago, tjebme said:

However, in this instance, I just want to see the corresponding word highlighted. Is there a setting that lets me keep the instant details window for the other scenarios, but doesn't activate the instant details window at the same time it activates the corresponding word highlight?

Not ideal, but if you click away from the word you initially clicked and got instant details, instant details goes and leaves the words linked. May cause a bit of rsi in your thumb but at least it gives you something while you wait for your ideal solution. But this wasnt from a search. 

14351AEE-AA81-4B9A-9F36-E529A88A648E.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

Thanks ukfraser. Maybe there is a better solution, but my initial suggestion is to have each instance of the word be bolded in the bottom window just like it is in the top window.

93C53D85-D289-4CAE-8418-D4A6F4B15D8A.thumb.png.7130c8a4e1ce92fd1b392d0d90dcdc78.png

Edited by tjebme

Did you know the [TEXT Command] is also available.

And I requested it long ago to have a search field in the second pane too. At least if it is independent and if Notes or Tools, etc. are displayed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fabian said:

And I requested it long ago to have a search field in the second pane too. At least if it is independent and if Notes or Tools, etc. are displayed.

Yes, I remember and still +100!!!!!!!

🐘

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ukfraser said:

Yes, I remember and still +100!!!!!!!

🐘

Agreed!

• Like 2