Wifi syncing iPad/iPhone to Mac

Julia Falling

I'm running iAccord on an iPad Pro (2021) with the latest software version, iAccord Build 3.2.9.15974.

My MBP (14" 2021 M1 Pro 16 GB) is running Monterey.  

All modules on all devices are up to date. 

When I attempt a wifi sync, even though all modules are up to date, the sync starts with LSB, then LXX1, LXX2, LXXB NETS, finally NETS2.  If the process goes that far, it will then usually sync my user notes and highlights.  HOWEVER, the only way this succeeds (and it's not consistent) is if I – Remove Saved Session + Clear Download Cache – in iPad Setting on the iPad plus delete – com.OakTree.Accordance – in the User Library on my MBP, then reboot both devices.  Even then, I'm not always successful.  

This has been going on for many months.  iAccord is working well on iPad and iPhone (though syncing on iPhone is mostly unsuccessful).  Accordance is working well on my MBP.  I LOVE everything about the software except trying to get my user content onto my mobile devices.  My experience with Dropbox sync were so bad (often loss of data, so I learned to back up everything before attempting a sync) that I don't want to go near it again.  A direct connection with a cable between Mac and mobile device would make me very happy if it would work consistently.  Or reliable wifi syncing.

I'm at a loss what to do.  I've eliminated my prayer journal from Accordance because it is edited almost daily.  I now keep it in Pages, and that is working well.  Keeping track of my Bible Reading Plan in Numbers.  I've tried to take as much of the syncing load off Accordance as possible – down to just User Notes [one larger file 28 MB and one very small file (5MB)] and Highlights.

Accordance is a wonderful tool.  I've been using it since 2004 (I think – version 5).  Performs beautifully.  Except syncing.  

If there is a weak link it most certainly is syncing!

• Like 2

Are use using wifi or Dropbox?  

I have actually used both. Syncing is not for sissy's!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Syncing, can take you all the way to the bottom!!!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, calton said:

Syncing, can take you all the way to the bottom!!!

Indeed!

• Like 1

So, with all the features we are hoping for in Accordance 14, as well as an in-house syncing feature, can we expect that 14 will have everything plus the kitchen sync? 😀

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I had no idea we had so many punsters on the forums!  Some comic relief is good at this point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update – After all the difficulties, syncing is now semi-reliable, and was before the most recent iAccord update.  Don't ask me why.  The only change I've made is shutting down my MBP most nights.  It will now sometimes take a couple attempts to get a complete sync, but not like before.

4/28 Update – It's looking like the problems are on the Mac/Accordance end, not iOS/iAccord.  When unable to sync after a few attempts, deleting the cache @ User>Library>Caches>com.OakTree.Accordance will take care of the problem.

Edited by Julia Falling
Update

• 5 weeks later...

+1 for those having issues with Wi-Fi syncing. It keep stalling for me off and on at different times. Do I need to try deleting the cache file Julia mentions?

Should I attempt to use Easy Install instead?

Thanks!

Deleting the cache and rebooting my iPhone and Mac didn’t work. Still stalling.

Nathan – With the new Accordance update (13.3.3), I'm back to stalling, too. Frustrating.  I have occasionally straightened things out by deleting User Content off the mobile device (always backing up the data on my Mac first).  I'll give that a try and report back.

EDIT – I reset everything in the iPhone Setting for the iPhone and synced quickly w/o a stall.  No reboot of either Mac or phone, but I did restart Accordance on both devices before attempting the sync.  I'll give it a try on the iPad.

Deleted all the User stuff on the iPad in the iPad Settings (Saved Session, Download Cache, Reset User Content, Reset Spotlight Indexes, Reset Interlinear Settings).  It took two attempts, but synced quickly & without any delays on the 2nd try.

Edited by Julia Falling
  • Like 1

Thanks. I’ll try it and report back.

• 1 month later...

Syncing is still broken for me, even after trying the above and chatting with support. The only files I didn’t manage to bring over are User Bibles (I went ahead and setup Dropbox for the rest). On those, I may have to wait until an improved syncing comes along. It just won’t stop stalling.