I/) Error # 0??

bpribbenow

The past couple weeks I have been getting the following error as my application application tries to auto-save:

I/O Error #0

There's more in the warning window..but, of course, I can't get it to reproduce the problem now!

Sometimes the error window allows me to close it (by hitting OK) and other times the app crashes. Is this a new problem? an install problem? 

This problem is not uncommon. Try the advice here:

• Like 1

That path was for Windows. If you are on a Mac the path would be: Go/Home/Library/com.OakTree.Accordance/Autosaved Sessions.

if needed you can contact us directly at: techsupport@accordancebible.com

Thanks.

I've recently started to experience the same issue. I followed Daniel L's instruction, but cannot find the Autosaved Session folder. Please advise. Thank you.

Accordance error message.PNG

The path for Windows isC:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Accordance\Caches\Autosaved Sessions

AppData is a hidden folder. 

To show hidden folders on Windows 10: File Explorer > View > Check Hidden Items.

The path for Mac is: Go/Home/Library/com.OakTree.Accordance/Autosaved Sessions

(If your Home library is hidden, you have to press your option key while you have the ‘Go’ menu open in order to see the hidden ‘Library’ underneath 'Home’ in the ‘Go’ drop down menu).

You can also contact us directly for assistance at: techsupport@accordancebible.com

• Like 1

Got it. Thanks Billy!

Okay, no sooner did I do as recommended, and gave kudos for helping me find the folder to delete its contents, that the following popped up on my screen again. Now what do I do?

Accordance error message.PNG

And now, after the message appeared two more times on my screen, which I clicked "OK" to move on, Accordance has crashed altogether.

Edited by pder3571

On 4/14/2022 at 8:54 PM, pder3571 said:

And now, after the message appeared two more times on my screen, which I clicked "OK" to move on, Accordance has crashed altogether.

Did you get crash logs? If yes, I guess the developers would love to check them. Can you post them here?

On 4/17/2022 at 1:07 AM, Fabian said:

Did you get crash logs? If yes, I guess the developers would love to check them. Can you post them here?

I would be glad to post them here, if I knew where they were. Can you help me locate them?

2 minutes ago, Fabian said:

Was the crash on Windows or Mac? On Win I cannot help. But @Billy32792 can for sure.

It was Windows.

Just now received this message.

Autosaved error message 4-18-22.PNG

On 4/17/2022 at 1:07 AM, Fabian said:

Okay, I think I've found the last crash log recording for 4-4-22. It is posted below.

Accordance crash log 4-4-22.PNG

• Like 1

Great. AFAIK the developers would love to have a copy paste version, so they can paste it in their application. With an image they have to type it. 

pder3571,

Have you restarted your computer yet?

Write to techsupport@accordancebible.com if you need further help.

When Accordance crashes, there are occasions when you must choose not to restore the session that was in use. Apparently, the session itself can be corrupted, which perpetuates the current round of I/O errors and crashes. (seen on Windows)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tech Support said:

pder3571,

Have you restarted your computer yet?

Write to techsupport@accordancebible.com if you need further help.

Yes. I shut it down every evening when I'm done using it. It never remains on overnight.

7 hours ago, Daniel L said:

When Accordance crashes, there are occasions when you must choose not to restore the session that was in use. Apparently, the session itself can be corrupted, which perpetuates the current round of I/O errors and crashes. (seen on Windows)

Okay. So, what can I do to correct the corruption?

You usually cannot 'correct the corruption' but instead you would need to rebuild the session in a new workspace. Taking a screen shot of the current corrupted session will allow you to use the screen shot as a guide to rebuild it.

If you have already deleted the contents of the Autosaved sessions folder and it didn't help, you may want to try removing your General Settings in Safe Mode.

In order to open Accordance Safe Mode on a Windows computer, press and hold your ‘alt’ key ‘immediately after’ you click on the icon to open Accordance. 

Please select ‘Remove General Settings’ and then relaunch Accordance. This will reset some of your personal preferences and you will need to put in your name and account information again, but this is normal.

If this doesn't help, we should probably arrange a time for one of us to screen share with you to try to figure out what is going on. Normally removing the Autosaved session folder contents corrects this issue.

If needed you can contact us directly at: techsupport@accordancebible.com

I may not have been precise enough. Accordance keeps a cache of snapshots of your current session. On Windows, you can see them in C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Accordance\Caches\Autosaved Sessions

In my experience, it seems that clicking the button to not restore your most recent session simply picks an earlier recent snapshot, not the very latest. This always breaks me out of the loop. I have never used Accordance's Safe Mode.