Correct results in ROOT LETTERS search

Accordance Enthusiast

Though most of the wrong results are excluded, the search still finds 7 words from Hebrew ROOTS ending in Mem, even though the search specified that these should be excluded.

Please correct this mistake in the near future! 

image.png.914f2031f4ea90bec04b1635c2d62488.png

The issue is that you're performing a "letters" search and not lookin for a lexical form. Change "Letters" to "Lex" and you'll get the results you're looking for.

I am not looking for a LEXICAL form that ends in Yod and Mem, but any verb that ends in Yod and Mem.

Iike I said, the search is 95% correct. It does not bring up thousands of matches. 

Here is the same problem in standard search tab:

image.thumb.png.eaab8e587bf265634619c9656128e900.png

I purposefully have it on LETTERS search, because that is what I am looking for.

Is there any INFLECTED verb ending in Yod and Mem where the ROOT does not end in Mem?

The search results should show no hits, but it still finds these seven wrong matches.

I think the problem may have something to do with the fact that your letters search is including multiple lexemes, that is, the waw conjunction which of course does not end in a Mem. 

Thank you for the clarification.

How can I then do the search correctly?

Or is there no way to do that search in Accordance 13?

Here is the answer to my question:

One can perform this search correctly. Simply use the INFLECTED option in the construct window rather than LETTERS. Set your search tab to WORDS rather than LETTERS and it shows no false hits:

image.png.8b910f3e3344888efe3b2083050bcd80.png

• Like 1