Preferences for Get Verses

rayvfr

I love the "Get Verses" tool, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a way to customize the way it posts (quotes or no quotes, citation or footnote, etc.)

2. Is there a way for Accordance to recognize Markdown editors such as Obsidian and Typora?

Thanks,

Ray

Say more what you mean by getting Accordance to "recognize" Markdown editors. Is it that you're finding that the global "Get Verses" shortcut is not working in those editors? If so, that is a shortcoming of those editors not playing well with that macOS feature.

I talk about the built in Get Verses, not the script from Joe.

#1 it is the same option as for citation in general

#2 Accordance has to add those two applications. I've forgotten but they need some unique app specification which you have to submit to Accordance, so they can include it for the next release. 

Edited by Fabian

• 8 months later...

I mean that I have an option to Insert Copy Scriptures directly into Pages for example, but not into Obsidian. 

@rayvfr And I'm telling you if the Insert Copy Scriptures global function works for you in Pages, but does not work for you in Obsidian, then the problem is with Obsidian. It is not playing well with standard macOS services that the function utilizes. You should file the feature request with Obsidian.

• 5 months later...
8 hours ago, rayvfr said:

Thanks Joe. I understand.

And, @rayvfr, I just downloaded Obsidian and tested the "Insert Verses" Accordance Service, and it is working fine.
So, you can just use the Services (instead of the global Get Verses function).

Edited by Joe Weaks