Waltke’s The Psalms as Christian Praise (Hist. Comm. Vol. 3)

JSBesen

Are there plans to add Waltke’s third volume of his Historical Commentary (The Psalms at Christian Praise) to the current module?

Eerdmans published it in late-2019.

His first two works blend language that the layman can understand with historical commentary, which gives us a two-fold stream of learning. We learn not only about the Biblical text, but what was historically thought about the text.

• Like 1

I've added this to our acquisitions list. 

• Thanks 2

Thanks Mark. I don’t know how complicated it will be to link everything. From what I’ve read in the first two volumes, the authors frequently refer to other sections of the different books. We do appreciate the effort behind making the modules as user-friendly as possible. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JSBesen said:

His first two works blend language that the layman can understand with historical commentary, which gives us a two-fold stream of learning. We learn not only about the Biblical text, but what was historically thought about the text.

You might also like The Psalms through Three Thousand Years: Prayerbook of a Cloud of Witnesses by Wiliam L. Holladay (Fortress Press, 1996). See https://www.fortresspress.com/store/product/9780800630140/The-Psalms-through-Three-Thousand-Years

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1