New Testament for Everyone (NTE) Bible Text

Daniel L

If I remember correctly, there was a webinar over a year ago where it was said that N. T. Wright's translation would be available soon in Accordance. I think an employee had it on screen, as a Bible text (not within another work). I was reminded of it when I saw NTE on Bible Gateway. Are we still going to get this?

• Like 2

We developed the Kingdom NT over a year ago. There was a licensing issue that prevented us from selling it at the time. We're contacting the publisher now to see if we can be allowed to distribute it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Daniel L said:

If I remember correctly, there was a webinar over a year ago where it was said that N. T. Wright's translation would be available soon in Accordance. I think an employee had it on screen, as a Bible text (not within another work). I was reminded of it when I saw NTE on Bible Gateway. Are we still going to get this?

I may have been the culprit for that. We released it internally before we ran into the legal issues. It's even in the Accordance 13 promotional video, I think--again, my fault 😞 

I'd love to see it released one day. 

image.png

Are we getting the complete bible with goldingay's translation of the old testament as both are published as a single volume in dead tree format and from my understanding, they are basically the same as the text in their everyone commentaries, just with a few updates. 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, ukfraser said:

Are we getting the complete bible with goldingay's translation of the old testament as both are published as a single volume in dead tree format and from my understanding, they are basically the same as the text in their everyone commentaries, just with a few updates. 

We'd love to have Goldingay's translation. The publisher is not willing to outsource the license to any digital publisher. But we keep trying!

• Sad 2

If the preview screen shots are accurate, Goldingay's translation is included in the OT for Everyone..." commentaries now on sale in Accordance. (3/2022)

I also think Wright's translation is included as part of the "NT For Everyone..." commentaries now on sale in Accordance (3/2022)?

Its just nice having the text as a text so you dont need the commentaries open (or even the commentaries! I have a number in dead tree format but never bothered with the whole set). Plus i think the text has received minor changes following publication of the commentaries. 

• Like 2