Jump to content

MT-ETCBC search discrepancy - missing hits


Recommended Posts

Hi all,


I was trying to find if the word יד/hand occurs in the plural with a 3ms suffix. I tried this search:


image.png.5ea677417901dc5749003acb7af514ed.png (copy and paste messed up the order)


I just happened to be in an older workspace using BHS-T, so it came up with 4 hits:




So far, so good. I, then, ran the identical search in the MT-ETCBC-A, and it came up with no hits. Navigating to these two verses, the MT-ETCBC-A has them tagged as plurals with 3ms suffixes, so they should have been found. 


I'm guessing this is a bug, or am I missing something?


If it is a bug, I would wonder if it's not just specific to this case, but that searches miss some of the tagging in general. Eek!




Link to comment
Share on other sites


That's strange. I just tried your search in the MT-ETBC module with a couple of changes and come up each time with the same four occurrences. The first time I omitted the = sign and I just put in the consonants (יד) but with your other specifications, of course. No problem. The second time I added the qamets. Same results. I then added the = sign with the qamets. Same results. So there is a problem somewhere. Perhaps closing and reopening Accordance might do the trick, or rebooting your computer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Thanks for checking the search. I figured out what happened, but it's still a bit confusing to me what exactly is going on. When I typed in יד, the menu came up for me to choose a lexeme, so I just clicked on the first one, which happens to have a patakh instead of qamets. Choosing the 2nd option--with the qamets--gives the proper result. 


So, then, I tried just searching יַד= with the patakh but no other tags, and it came up with hits in the Aramaic text of Daniel and Esther. Searching 0-יַד= for the Aramaic specifically comes up with a different set of hits, but also in the Aramaic portions of Daniel and Esther. It looks like, perhaps, there's an error in the coding for that יַד= so that the hits it catches should be found rather by 0-יַד= . Seems like the יַד= lexeme should just be removed and the specifically Aramaic search point to those hits as well.



  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not sure what is going on either, but thank you for documenting this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll fix it and have an update asap.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Create New...