New french Bibles

michelG

Dear friends,

For French-speaking and Protestant students, the Bible Segond is largely outdated, apart from the NBS. In a widely shared ecumenical perspective, the TOB 2010 is a very important reference. Please upload this version.

Michel

• Like 6

I've said this before, but I would really love to see the Nouvelle français courant in Accordance. The TOB is now in the process of being updated (a fascicule on Galatians came out a couple of years ago) so there wouldn't be much point, IMO, in putting it out as a module. This is going to take time, but unless there is little editing and formatting work to be done on Accordance's side, I personally wouldn't see much point to it. 

I've been using the NFC and have been overall very impressed with it.

https://nfc.bible

https://www.alliancebiblique.fr/traduction/la-revision-de-la-bible-en-francais-courant

Accordance, can we get this? @Mark Allison can this be done? I can help getting in touch with the Alliance biblique française, if need be.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Hello Donald,

Hope you are going well,

You said in March this year that the TOB was in process. I was really happy of this information, but what is the situation today 8 months later?

Also, the great interest is to link TOB to the greek's and hebrew's version from a basic link in accordance, but also the other french bibles we paid for.

Can we be made aware of the situation?

THX in advance,

Michel

1 hour ago, michelG said:

Hello Donald,

Hope you are going well,

You said in March this year that the TOB was in process. I was really happy of this information, but what is the situation today 8 months later?

Also, the great interest is to link TOB to the greek's and hebrew's version from a basic link in accordance, but also the other french bibles we paid for.

Can we be made aware of the situation?

THX in advance,

Michel

Hi Michel,

The TOB is slowly being revised. To date, two books of the Bible have been released, Galatians and Hosea, with extensive notes. So it's in process (not for release by Accordance, which has never said anything about it, but by the Société biblique française). At the rate at which it is progressing, it will no doubt take several years before the revision is finished. What I suggested was that Accordance make available the 2015 revision of the TOB + Galatians and Hosea (2020), and add the revised books as they come out. 

You can get some more information on that here: https://www.bibliorama.org/bible/la-bible-tob/

Having said that, La nouvelle français courant has been in the works for a release in Accordance for several months, as well as the updated French edition of the Barclay Newman Dictionnaire grec-français du Nouveau Testament. Perhaps @Jordan S could give an update on this. 

I don't work for Accordance, so I can't give any more information than that. But yes, I would love to see these versions + lexicon come out sooner rather than later. 🙂

• Like 1

No release date yet. I had to put this on hold to take care of a few other things. I did get it built, but there are some versification issues. I won't be able to get back to it until after SBL, probably. I apologize for the delay. 

image.png

• Like 1

Thank you Jordan for this information! Looking forward to having this! BTW, what about Michel's question re the TOB? Could that be looked into? If I can help in any way in contacts with the Société biblique française, let me know. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/3/2022 at 9:53 PM, Jordan S said:

No release date yet. I had to put this on hold to take care of a few other things. I did get it built, but there are some versification issues. I won't be able to get back to it until after SBL, probably. I apologize for the delay. 

image.png

Any update on this? Five months ago, @Jordan S said there were just some versification problems that had to be resolved. This and the French translation of Barclay's New Testament Greek Lexicon where licensed together. That goes back practically a year ago now, perhaps more, if I'm not mistaken.

@Donald Cobb, I'm no longer at Accordance so I can't speak to any release date. However, I finished the NFC in mid-December prior to my departure. Perhaps @Nathan Parker can find out why it hasn't been released along with the French-Greek lexicon.

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with French Bibles, but I thought it might get some appreciation here 🙂

334534919_878765906512581_3998681153615590532_n.jpg

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Jordan S said:

@Donald Cobb, I'm no longer at Accordance so I can't speak to any release date. However, I finished the NFC in mid-December prior to my departure. Perhaps @Nathan Parker can find out why it hasn't been released along with the French-Greek lexicon.

Ok. Thank you Jordan for replying to this and best wishes for future endeavers! @Nathan Parker, any hopes that this might be coming out soon?

I’ll see what I can find out. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 9:12 PM, Nathan Parker said:

I’ll see what I can find out. 

Hi @Nathan Parker, have you been able to get any news on this? From what Jordan said in his last post, it sounds like it's ready to be rolled out...

Edited by Donald Cobb

Thanks for reminding me. I’ve sent an email into my marketing manager to get a status update on it.

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2023 at 9:57 PM, Nathan Parker said:

Thanks for reminding me. I’ve sent an email into my marketing manager to get a status update on it.

Hi @Nathan Parker, since it's been over a month since you replied, can you give an update on this? I'd really like to recommend it to folks here in France, as it's been in the works for over a year now. When can we plan on getting it?

Thanks for following up! I’ve re-emailed him since my last email might not have taken. I was having intermittent Internet during that time.

• 2 weeks later...

I found out from my manager today on foreign language Bibles. We’re looking for someone who could step in and finish up module development on various foreign language Bible requests.

7 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I found out from my manager today on foreign language Bibles. The module developer working on these is involved in school at the moment, so he’s had to take some time off from module development. We’re looking for someone who could step in and finish up module development on various foreign language Bible requests.

Ok. Thank you Nathan for this news. 

@Nathan Parker,

Again, the NFC and the Barclay-Newman Greek-French Lexicon were completed in December of 2022. So, this is not a development issue.

Screenshot2023-05-10at10_59_12AM.thumb.png.090e517b499b7bbddfaba11c019c75ec.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jordan S said:

@Nathan Parker,

Again, the NFC and the Barclay-Newman Greek-French Lexicon were completed in December of 2022. So, this is not a development issue.

Screenshot2023-05-10at10_59_12AM.thumb.png.090e517b499b7bbddfaba11c019c75ec.png

Thank you Jordon! Did it get lost in the shuffle? Nathan, can this be pushed out of the stable, then? It really feels like it's been forgotten...

Edited by Donald Cobb

I will get with my manager and @David Lang to get an ETA on releasing these.

• Like 2

I won’t say anymore, but I’d pay attention to some upcoming sales. 🙂 

16 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

I won’t say anymore, but I’d pay attention to some upcoming sales. 🙂 

Looking forward to it! As they say, Tout vient à point pour qui sait attendre !

Check today’s sale page. 🙂