Weird bug

Jesse Dornfeld

I'm not sure what is going on with my Accordance but somethings work and some things don't. I can go to different tabs and can enter in things to search, but I can't close the application (among other things) and can't search (when pressing enter).

There's also this pop-up that happens for my dictionaries I have open in the workspace I do. they is a pop-up that goes up, flashes different lexicons and then goes away.

I tried reinstalling it and that didn't change anything.

Any help would be great.

Hi @Jesse D,

That is really strange if it is still happening after a re-install. The only thing I can think is that while the program was reinstalled, that various folders on your computer were still being accessed and there is some sort of bug there. I think the first thing I would do is going into the Accordance settings and deleting the startup session. The other thing I would do is force-quitting the program and then re-opening it in safe mode to see if the problem remains. That would be diagnostic anyway.

I hope this helps some and that Tech Support has more ideas.

Kristin

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I've noticed a pattern to the problem.

It seems when I quit the program via task manager, that if I select to reinstate the last session that the problem happens, but if I reset the session it works.

I don't know how to change the settings since they don't seem to be in preferences.

I'd like to be able to keep my prior sessions since I often need to work on the same session repeatedly.

I can only imagine that because there is an Accordance thing open related to keeping the old session that this problem happens. If I restart the session (having to quite via task manager) I don't have the problem.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what I can do to fix the problem?

8 hours ago, Jesse D said:

Does anyone know what I can do to fix the problem?

It sounds like you might need to contact Tech Support for this issue. 

• Like 2

It sounds like your original workspace may be corrupted. This would explain why going back to it would restore the issue. You may want to try to rebuild your specific setup in a new workspace and then save it. Then see if you can go back to the previous workspace without the issue. If the issue persists then there are probably damaged preference files.

Accordance Safe Mode will allow you to easily remove or disable User Content, Settings, Connectivity and do Clean up for troubleshooting purposes.

In order to open Accordance Safe Mode on a Windows computer, press and hold your ‘alt’ key ‘immediately after’ you click on the icon to open Accordance.

Please select ‘Remove Startup Session’ and then launch Accordance.

If this doesn’t correct the issue, you can go back into Accordance Safe Mode and select ‘Remove General Settings’ and then relaunch Accordance. This will reset some of your personal preferences and you will need to put in your name and account information again, but this is normal.

If these steps do not help, please contact us at techsupport@accordancebible.com and we can arrange a time for one of us to screen share with you to get this corrected.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

@Billy32792, unfortunately that did not help.

I have one more piece of information to give people before I contact support.

See this image. There is a file which if I delete it, I can open accordance and it works fine. I don't know what the file does at all. I just know if I delete it, then my accordance works.

Prog Data Accordance.png

Hi @Jesse D, I am not sure what that is, but since if you delete it and it seems to come back (I assume, given that you are still having issues), it must be connected to the Last Session. I agree it is a commotion to delete the last session, but sometimes I have run into issues also where the only solution has been to delete ir.

While this does not help at the moment, in the future what I would suggest is setting everything up how you like, then instead of saving the session save it as a Workspace. That way if you need to delete the previous session you can still re-open the saved workspace and it will be less of a commotion.

I am sorry I can't think of other ideas,

Kristin

• Like 1

@Jesse D, That is the reference code to a permissions issue. Please try resetting the permissions on the Oaktree folder located at:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Oaktree\.

Right click on the Oaktree folder and select 'Properties' and then the 'Security' tab. Then click the ‘Edit’ button. In the next window, select ‘users’ from the top section and then you will be able to give users 'Full control' or at least, ‘Read and Execute’ and then be sure to 'Apply’. This only applies to the Oaktree folder and nothing else on the PC. It is safe to do this.

Let us know if this does not work. For a faster response, please contact us directly at: techsupport@accordancebible.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 11:12 AM, Billy32792 said:

@Jesse D, That is the reference code to a permissions issue. Please try resetting the permissions on the Oaktree folder located at:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Oaktree\.

Right click on the Oaktree folder and select 'Properties' and then the 'Security' tab. Then click the ‘Edit’ button. In the next window, select ‘users’ from the top section and then you will be able to give users 'Full control' or at least, ‘Read and Execute’ and then be sure to 'Apply’. This only applies to the Oaktree folder and nothing else on the PC. It is safe to do this.

Let us know if this does not work. For a faster response, please contact us directly at: techsupport@accordancebible.com

Thanks. I just did this.

IDK what was wrong, but it started working after I closed out a Tools tab. No idea what the problem was, but after I did that it went back to normal.

• Like 1

That is good news. It is not unusual for a workspace to become corrupt. Sometimes we have seen a bad tab causing the issue in the workspace, just like you have reported.

Thank for letting us know.