Settings for Multiple Versions in Instant Details

Brian W. Davidson

It would be great if you could tell instant details to show multiple versions. Maybe in settings for Instant Details there could be drop down menus where you could select what versions you want to show up and you could pick up to 5 or so. I would just like to have English and Hebrew/Greek sometimes. Other times I would like to have LXX and HB to show up. Sometimes ESV and HB and NETS and LXX.

• Like 7

Hi, @Brian W. Davidson. I'm sure you are familiar with Live Click that can open a "Verse Lookup" (which is the same as the Text Browser).

To accomplish what you want, I simply have set up a few different collections in My Groups. Then in the Verse Lookup, I can just select the group I want to be displayed. (BTW, I also moved the Verse Lookup tab into my main pane so it's easy to see all the versions I choose.)

But perhaps you just mean the Instant Details showing how a word (not verse) is rendered in different versions. I'm not sure how that would work.

Yes, I love that live click feature for verses and use it a lot. I’m just looking for something on a smaller scale to use when hovering over verse references in tools like a lexicon or commentary. I could click on those references and go to the live click verse lookup, but it would be nice to get two versions in ID for quicker at a glance type situations. You know what I mean? 

4 hours ago, Brian W. Davidson said:

Yes, I love that live click feature for verses and use it a lot. I’m just looking for something on a smaller scale to use when hovering over verse references in tools like a lexicon or commentary. I could click on those references and go to the live click verse lookup, but it would be nice to get two versions in ID for quicker at a glance type situations. You know what I mean? 

For example if we press the Command button. The second text pops up.

(To be honest I thought this is so, but a test has learned me the opposite. Or it was a feature and is now buggy.)

Edited by Fabian

On 3/5/2022 at 6:48 PM, Brian W. Davidson said:

It would be great if you could tell instant details to show multiple versions. Maybe in settings for Instant Details there could be drop down menus where you could select what versions you want to show up and you could pick up to 5 or so. I would just like to have English and Hebrew/Greek sometimes. Other times I would like to have LXX and HB to show up. Sometimes ESV and HB and NETS and LXX.

This could be done with BW9 and was a feature I like a lot. That having been said, I've gone ahead and created a workspace with favorite Greek lexica and another one with my favorite Hebrew lexica and pinned them onto my menu bar. So it's just a matter of double-clicking to highlight the word and then single-clicking on the lexicon icon. That gives me the possibility of having all my major lexicon definitions open with minimal movements. That has become more than a workaround and is actually, I think, a preferred feature compared to BW.

• Like 2