Deleted Papers Still Appear

cschfr21

I'm trying to work out how I want to effectively utilize the Papers feature for my studies, and I created a couple duplicates of papers in my library. I've deleted the files, synced with Dropbox, and ensured they aren't all showing up in the Library pane, but the duplicates are still appearing in the menu under the Papers toolbar. Any way to clear that? I've also confirmed that only the correct one appears after syncing my iPhone. 

library.png

toolbar.png

Hi Caleb,

How are you deleting the Papers files? I would think that if you right clicked on the duplicates in the library window and selected 'Remove Item' (and then 'Delete' or 'Move to trash') that would take care of this part. It does sound like somehow they are being synced back after being deleted though. Is your Dropbox sync set to 'Automatic' in the Accordance Preferences >syncing section? You may want to try 'Manual' for a little while to see if it helps. Are there other syncs also involved like iCloud or OneDrive? Is this happening on both Windows and Mac or just one of them?

Thanks.

Hi @Billy32792,

I currently have it set to sync manually as I don't often use the Windows machine. As shown in the screenshots above, the Papers files aren't showing up in the Library window; they only appear under the Papers button on the toolbar. The strange thing is that I can click any of them from the toolbar drop-down, and the same file opens regardless of which title I select (even the one that is titled slightly differently). I deleted it once from the "Remove Item" option in the Library. I have also removed it by deleting the .apaper file in the directory. I've downloaded a few sample Papers from forum users and deleted them the same way, and they no longer appear anywhere in the program. I haven't had a chance to check my Macbook, but the extra entries aren't showing up on my iPhone, so it doesn't seem they're syncing via Dropbox (which is good). 

Hi @Caleb Schaefer,

I just tested this on a Windows PC here. Try going to Documents\Accordance Files\Papers and then delete just the ones you do not want and then restart Accordance and see if it helps.

You may also need to try a new workspace.

If you continue to have issues with this, you can contact us directly at: techsupport@accordancebible.com and we can try to troubleshoot this.

Thanks.