Notes without a Bible reference.

Jesse Dornfeld

Hi,

Sorry if this is a basic question (it probably is) but I'm wondering if there is a way to create a notes area without a Bible reference at the top. It doesn't have to be in the notes category, but I want a place where I can dump all my thoughts on a specific topic with multiple Bible references and not just one. As such, having one reference for the whole notes category puts those notes associated with that reference. I just want something simple. I can use Microsoft Word for this, but I want to keep it in Accordance if I can.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

I had been using the User Tools feature until this morning when I found out about Papers. It's my new go-to for dumping thoughts as well as creating more logical writing. 

• Like 1

Hi @Jesse D,

Echoing what Caleb and Rick said, either Tools or Papers could work. They work quite differently, however, so users tend to like one more than the other. Sort of how Caleb said he used Tools until he discovered Papers, it was the opposite for me and as soon as I discovered Tools I stopped using Papers.

Both methods have the ability to create categories and even subcategories with hyperlinked biblical references, they just go about it differently. So maybe mess around with both until one feels right for you.

Kristin

• Like 1

I  like stacks for collecting stuff into one place. (Looking forward to be able to use it on ios one day). 

• Like 1

I guess you can start a Notes from  a tool, not from a text.  

1 hour ago, Fabian said:

I guess you can start a Notes from  a tool, not from a text.  

You should be able to from either unless I'm misunderstanding you.

How do I use papers? I tried creating a new Tool, but IDK what to do with it or how it works.

ON the toolbar click Papers, then select New Paper. There is unfortunately, no tutorial yet, but hopefully that will be rectified in the future. That will bring a dialogue box and you can choose the template that seems to best match your needs. Here is a link to video that shows you how to use Papers: https://www.gotostage.com/channel/2b99bda9c3ed4b7382a55737a7d54b46/recording/6cb78a5a96bb40a58d2bd1d9536097d6/watch?source=CHANNEL

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 8.48.26 AM.png

Edited by Tim Hall

@Tim Hall, I don't think papers apply to me since I have Accordance on windows.

In any case, I still have no idea how to use the tools function to make notes. If anyone can explain it that would be amazing. It seems when I try to create a new tool, I just get a blank screen and IDK what to do with it.

5 hours ago, Jesse D said:

In any case, I still have no idea how to use the tools function to make notes. If anyone can explain it that would be amazing. It seems when I try to create a new tool, I just get a blank screen and IDK what to do with it.

I'm not on Windows, but I can remember, in the past someone other had it to "activate" on Windows. I guess you have to put it in the toolbar via the ... Sorry I have no clue how it is called, but you can drag and drop from the left side to the right side and it is then in the toolbar.

6 hours ago, Jesse D said:

May you check the videos, I guess there is in minimum one who explain it. 

Thanks for the help everyone!

I figured out how to use the Tools! I just didn't understand that you could edit them. Now that I know how to do this I'm good to go!

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 4:02 AM, Jesse D said:

Thanks for the help everyone!

I figured out how to use the Tools! I just didn't understand that you could edit them. Now that I know how to do this I'm good to go!

Great to hear and happy to help! Windows does have Papers (I've used it on both platforms.); you just need to add it to the toolbar. If you right click the toolbar and select the "customize" option, you can add it there. 

Just adding this to the conversation if anyone in the future wants to use Papers on Windows.

Screenshot 2022-03-08 113602.png

Screenshot 2022-03-08 113654.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Caleb Schaefer said:

Great to hear and happy to help! Windows does have Papers (I've used it on both platforms.); you just need to add it to the toolbar. If you right click the toolbar and select the "customize" option, you can add it there. 

Just adding this to the conversation if anyone in the future wants to use Papers on Windows.

Screenshot 2022-03-08 113602.png

Screenshot 2022-03-08 113654.png

Thats what I wrote, but you explained it better. OK. I'm on Mac and I use a different language. Interestingly on Mac it was there after upgrading without any moves from my side. I guess this should be there in the toolbar by default, if Accordance 14 comes out. 

Edited by Fabian

16 minutes ago, Fabian said:

Thats what I wrote, but you explained it better. OK. I'm on Mac and I use a different language. Interestingly on Mac it was there after upgrading without any moves from my side. I guess this should be there in the toolbar by default, if Accordance 14 comes out. 

I thought that was strange, too. I use both Mac and PC (though mostly Mac), so it took me some playing around with it to find on Windows.

• Like 1

I only heard, it has to set in the toolbar on Win. 

4 minutes ago, Caleb Schaefer said:

I thought that was strange, too. I use both Mac and PC (though mostly Mac), so it took me some playing around with it to find on Windows.

A case for the Accordance technology evangelist @R. Mansfield.