Historical Question: "maqqef zero" search argument

c. stirling bartholomew

This question is probably no relevant for most users who are running current software. It is only curiosity that is at stake.  

At some point in the history of Accordance "maqqef zero"  was attached to words when when you selected some Hebrew/Aramaic text and chose "search" from the amplify menu. I discovered that this "maqqef zero" produced irregular results depending on what text you were searching. I am NOT trying to solve that problem. it is already solved. I am just curious about what  "maqqef zero" was intended to accomplish.  

Edited by c. stirling bartholomew

• c. stirling bartholomew changed the title to Historical Question: "maqqef zero" search argument

The morphological database underlying the Hebrew Bible appends numbers ( _1, _2, etc) to the root/lemma in order to differentiate homonyms. I am fairly certain I remember _0 being used for Aramaic, but I cannot remember if it was all Aramaic roots or only those with a Hebrew cognate. I do, however, remember it screwing up my search more than once. 

Thank you Peter.  I was unable to figure this out on the assumption it had something to do with Syntax. The solution is tedious but simple. Just edit out maqqef number from the search.  

Postscript: I don't have any interest in roots

Edited by c. stirling bartholomew