shortcut stopped working

Kristin

I have my Text Browser shortcut to COMMAND 6 and that is how it has been for months. Then yesterday it stopped working. Today I went into the preferences to the shortcuts to see what is going on, and it confirmed that the Text Browser is COMMAND 6, but I reset it to be as such just in case but it is still not working.

Any idea?

On a related note, how can I access it without the shortcut?

Thanks,

Kristin

Thank you, @ScottDF. Hopefully someone with tech support can help get the shortcut working, but it is good to know how to open it without it in the meantime.

You can try removing the shortcut and then saving it as removed and then add it back. If that doesn't work, you should look at any apps that were added or accessed around the same time that the issue started. Other apps can 'hijack' the shortcuts. 'Evernote' is one app that has done this many times. There are other apps that do it as well.

• Like 1

Hi @Billy32792,

Thank you for your help. I had previously tried resetting it etc and that did not work. I also did not install any apps, per se, but I did recently install the latest OS, which probably messed it up and stole my shortcut. So I changed the Accordance shortcut to something totally different and now it is finally working again. :)

Thank you for your help,

Kristin

• Like 1

Hi @Kristin,

Smart move. Nice work! We were glad to hear you got it working again.

Thanks.

• Like 1