Hermeneia Translations as Text Moduls

Fabian

Hello

I would love if we can have the Hermeneia Translations as texts modules too with footnotes. I have no clue if the license to Accordance would allow this. But it would be cool.

For example https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088R5JY88?binding=paperback&qid=1645735356&sr=8-1&ref=dbs_dp_rwt_sb_pc_tpbk 

I guess there are more texts.

And if there are other Commentaries with their own translation. Add them too as texts.

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 2

This would be super cool to have. It would be great to see with some other commentaries (Anchor, Word, etc.).

• Like 2

yes please

• Like 1

I understand this is not a Text with all the features of a Text and so on.…but for anyone who did not know, you can filter any commentary that has a Translation field and display it in the same way as a Text for reading purposes or even simple searches.

1. Opt-click "Amos" in the browser to limit the search range.

2. Search for ?* in the Translation Field.

3. Using the gear on the right side of the pane select: Show Text As => Paragraphs and Show Text as => Add Titles.

4. I probably would turn off the hits highlighting so the text is black and you can see the textual note markers. 

1277414398_ScreenShot2022-02-25at6_36_04AM.thumb.png.ded116fe8459bfe976883af0239dbe42.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

@Jordan SThat's an awesome trick! Thanks, Jordan!

BTW... to turn off the text highlighting which is red, you need to go into Set Tool Display (right click on text or use CTRL / CMD + T) > Customize Theme > change Search highlighting to black and then click on Style and select Plain

Edited by mgvh
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

An Accordance User also emailed this this:

With the gear you can decide if you only want the text or with the headings. An tie the tab with an actual text it will sync. 

I could play around with this and feature it as a QuickTip Video sometime.

• Like 2